If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company's range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Weatherford is seeking to recruit for the below position of:
Business Unit : Business Support Services - Finance
Job Location: Nigeria
This position is responsible for the maintenance of general ledger. Accounts for assigned product lines. This position is accountable for the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules for assigned product lines.
- Handle all intercompany transactions, accounting, confirmations and reconciliations.the process must be completely timely and at a high level of accuracy.
- Record intercompany journal entries to clear intercompany transactions with other WFT affiliates and maintain intercompany accounts on a monthly basis
- Review/monitor intercompany accounts, i.e. invoicing and payables
- Ensure intercompany accounting policies, processes and operating procedures are clearly defined, in line with WFT policies, up to date and documented
- Accurate and detailed review of intercompany billings and purchases, including inventory and non-inventory activity
- Ensure compliance with Transfer Pricing policies, including thorough review/research
- of intercompany mark-ups on both billings and purchases of inventory and non-inventory intercompany transactions
- Analyze intercompany balances with other WFT affiliates and coordination of intercompany wire payments and intercompany settlements to comply with WFT and/or statutory requirements
- Resolve Intercompany Accounting related issues and disputes or escalate as required
- Other duties as may be assigned by the AP and Intercompany Supervisor or the Financial Controller
- Month end review/adjustments of intercompany mismatches and clearanceOther duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager or the Finance Controller
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- B. Sc Accounting
- Professional qualifications progression will be an added advantage
- First degree in Accounting
Working Experience & Skills required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong technical accounting background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of the accounting cycle.
- Intermediate level of Excel and Word skills.
go to method of application »
Business Unit : Thru Tubing
Location : Nigeria
Perform Maintenance & Repair of Thru Tubing Equipment prior to going offshore. Ensuring all downhole equipment is serviced, repaired maintained and tested to the required quality standards. Perform all activity safely and under the supervision of the Thru Tubing workshop supervisor.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform all required tasks in a safe and professional manor, respecting all Weatherford QHSE Policies & Practices and ensuring a culture of Safe working practices is emanated in the workplace.
- Assist in creating and maintaining accurate working instructions for all Thru Tubing products.
- Checking equipment in when it comes in from offshore, noting serial/asset numbers, unloading equipment from shipping basket/container.
- Stripping and cleaning of all Thru Tubing Downhole equipment.
- Co-ordinating internal & 3rd party thread inspection services in accordance with requirements as laid down in the Weatherford Technical manuals & Weatherford working instructions.
- Assembling & Testing of Thru Tubing Downhole equipment in accordance with Weatherford Technical manuals & Weatherford working instructions, whilst adhering to Weatherofrd QHSE policies on pressure testing.
- Preparing equipment load-outs,kitting out shipping baskets & workshop containers with equipment for offshore operations, under the guidance of the Thru Tubing Workshop Supervisor.
- Perform full strip down, visual inspection, assembly and testing of Thru Tubing Downhole motors in accordance with Weatherford Technical manuals & working instructions, under the supervision of the Thru Tubing Workshop Supervisor.
- Maintaining, preparing & testing Thru Tubing mechanical packers & inflatable plugs/packers, in accordance with Weatherford Technical manuals & working instructions.
- Moving of equipment & parts around the workshop facility by means of a forklift truck or overhead crane, and transporting equipment via a company vehicle.
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction are reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Good level of general education
- Mechanical Technician qualification
- Time served Mechanical apprentice
- HNC/HND Mechnical Engineering or Related discipline
Skills and Working Experience Required
- Mechanical based work experience
- Downhole oilfield tools & equipment
- Oilfield onshore/offshore exposure
- Good level of computer literacy
- Basic knowledge of basic Hydraulic principles
go to method of application »
Business Unit: Thru Tubing
To Supervise the Operations related to Thru Tubing
- Identifies and assess resources required to serve client’s current and future needs.
- Supervisor needs to work in both the office and rig site
- Act as an interface between Weatherford SSA and designated clients.
- Responsible for meeting customer deadlines.
- Maximize the sustained profitability of the client and the company by matching the total array of the company’s technical and operational capabilities to the client’s needs
- Responsible for developing a thorough knowledge of the assigned client accounts to ensure full understanding of Weatherford SSA and clients business needs.
- Maintain and build relationship between Weatherford and assigned clients to a standard acceptable by both parties
- Establish contacts with potential customers promote the company image, products and services and prepare presentations for clients.
- Ensure department operates in line with company QA policy and update/maintain procedures as required.
- Liaise with customers as to their requirements for Thru Tubing Tools and develop job programs in conjunction with clients.
- Load out equipment as required.
- Perform all functions of a tool man in the field. Supervise rig site operations and tool assemblies to be used for remedial work in wells.
- Liaise with rig site supervisor and ensure accuracy of BHA drawings and fishing diagrams.
- Assist in tool make up.
- Advise company man as job the progresses.
- Responsible for the tools on the lease and at all times when tools are in the hole.
- Service tools as required in the field and ensure the adequate supply of spares is maintained.
- Keep up to date with Job Tickets.
- Develop invoicing, recording and reporting files and practices.
- Keep Asset Register, Spares Register and Maintenance Records up to date. Ensure all reporting is kept up to date and monthly reports and sales are recorded accurately and timely.
- Visit clients on a regular basis.
- Complete pre-job and post-job inspection and maintenance of tools and keep inspection files up to date.
- Maintain the tools at base and in offshore workshop equipment container and ensure inventory is up to date.
- Order replacement tools and spares as required. Service tools as required.
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these
- Completed Senior High School Certificate
Work experience required:
- 5 years minimum Thru Tubing experience gained within a relevant working environment
- Previous Supervisory experience.
- Substantial Knowledge of Thru Tubing Tools (both running and maintaining and limitations). Full knowledge is required of milling and fishing in most environments on coil.
- Must be sales orientated and have a Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work unsupervised in arduous remote conditions, and achieve quality results
- Ability to read and understand Technical drawings.
- Ability to asses which combinations of tools are likely to succeed in given environment
- Substantial Inflatable Packer experience.
- Well Control certificate.
- In depth knowledge of Thru Tubing product lines and services
- Leadership skills
- PC literacy in Microsoft Office packages
- Financial literacy-Knowledge of reading, reviewing and negotiating contracts- assessing financial consequences.
- Understanding of financial reporting
go to method of application »
Business Unit : Well Construction Product
To promote Weatherford Cementation products to clients. Provide technical support both Intercompany and to outside clients. Carry out presentations on Cementation products. Responsible for the day to day running of the Weatherford Nigeria Cementation products Group. To run Cementation service jobs as required; to include but not limited to SSR plugs, multiple latch in cement plugs for Monobore Cemented Completions, 2 stage and mechanical Cementing collars, ACP’s Mudmaster surge reduction systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Commercial and technical proposals for both internal and external clients to help secure current and future business under the direction of contracts department
- Preparation of presentation materials, and present these to clients to promote our products to these clients
- To run Cementation service jobs as required; to include but not limited to SSR plugs, 2 stage and mechanical cementing collars, ACP’s, mudmaster surge reduction systems, latch-in multiple cement plugs.
- Prepare centraPro centralizer placement programs and present these to clients to justify the use of this product line.
- Keep updated product job run logs as required for use in tender submissions, technical presentations etc.
- Must be willing to undertake ‘on the call duty for PL
- Help maintain inventory of equipment in product line and transmit this information to Aberdeen for analysis while reporting same to Base Manager
- Provide job reports to Managing Director, product line manager and regional manager including but not limited to product line monthly report, weekly cementation deliveries report and weekly inventory report.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by line manager within the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
- Adhere to safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system including:
- Active participation in workshop safety and tool box meetings.
- Active participation and contribution of workshop specific safety initiatives
- Report all hazards and unsafe acts
- Ensure third party compliance
- Actively promote positive culture.
- Adhere to quality procedure and policies in accordance with the ISO9002 quality assurance system including;
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose
- Raise corrective actions for all non-conformance
- Comply with work instructions
- Identify areas requiring improvement and / or audit.
- Promote EEP, IMS and participate in all company, rigs and clients safety programs; this includes use of stop cards, observation cards.
Skills and Working Experience required
- Good knowledge of cementation products and techniques
- Previous offshore experience in drilling environment
- Current client base.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours and conditions.
- Must be of smart appearance
- Ability to work off own initiative and unsupervised
- Ability to prioritize own workload
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.