HIV Prevention Advisor, Abuja
The main purpose of this position is to provide overall technical leadership in establishment of effective gender-sensitive, targeted HIV prevention programs in the project states and communities that build synergies with the clinical care programs and the work being done by PLWHA.
* Together with Pro-ACT headquarter and State Staff, spearhead the effective and efficient implementation of the community HIV/STI prevention services strategy and plan in the state.
* Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
* In collaboration with the Project Director and staff, take lead in the development, implementation and monitoring of Pro-ACT project community HIV and STI prevention strategy and plan including the Abstinence Be Faithful (AB) and other prevention programs.
* Undertake a quick assessment of existing IEC/BCC materials in the country and determine their relevancy for this age of the epidemic in Nigeria
* Use available information and reports to determine the key drivers of the epidemic in Nigeria and characterize their socio-demographic profiles and behaviors.
* Lead development and packaging of second generation IEC/BCC materials/messages
* Provide TA to state governments and LGAs in development of HIV prevention strategies.
* Be a technical resource in the communication for effective behavior change training programs
* Design and implement systems for timely provision of technical, financial, M&E and administrative support to the CSOs implementing small grants so they achieve desired project goals.
* Liaise with the M&E Advisor to ensure HIV prevention components of the M&E system are functionalized. (clarity of indicators, M&E data tools, data quality audits, reporting etc)
* Represent MSH Pro-ACT project on matters of community HIV prevention.
* Network with other Government, CSO and community partners in the State to build synergies that reinforce behavior change.
* Document programmatic achievements and keep the Associate Director informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* A postgraduate degree in health education and health promotion
* Minimum 5 years proven experience in programming and management of HIV/AIDS/TB prevention programs at a senior level
* Specialized training and work in behavior change communication is desirable
* Demonstrable experience in developing health education materials
* Ability to use standard computer and software applications: Advanced MS Word, Advanced Power Point, Advanced MS Publisher
* The ideal candidate must have a great deal of initiative and integrity, an understanding and/or interest in the work of MSH, and a balance of creative, technical, and interpersonal skills
The LMS Prevention Organizational Systems AIDS Care and Treatment Project (ProACT) is a USAID-funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The goal of the project is to build the capacity of Nigeria’s public/private institutions and communities to strengthen sustainable systems for HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery.
Method of Application
Application Due Date: 2011-09-30