Recent Career at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 19 September, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Technical Officer will work in a team lead by a Technical Advisor to provide integrated technical assistance for the capacity building of CSO and government partners in strengthening their management system and support the delivery of programs for project management, Grants & Procurement Management, Proposal Development and leadership and management in order to enable the partners to be more programmatic, institutional and financially sustainable.
The TO will required to have specialized training and experience in one of the management areas mentioned above and should be familiar with PEPFAR and HIV/AIDS service delivery in Nigeria. Good knowledge of the expectations and demands of USAID and other international donor agencies will be an added advantage. The TO is expected to have strong facilitation skills and able to work to train staff of partner organizations.
The TO will work under the supervision of the LMS Capacity Building Senior Technical Advisor but will be expected to work closely in a team and other colleagues in LMS Nigeria.
- Implementing technical assistance in a manner that leads to adoption and sustainable use of LMS tools and approaches by building client awareness of current gaps, achieving buy-in on the viability and need for an LMS tool or approach, and training client staff on the use of LMS tools or approaches.
- Building and managing professional relationships with key stakeholders, and providing reliable, high-quality follow through on all obligations to clients and other parties.
- Bringing pending needs for contracted work or short term technical assistance to the attention of the Senior Technical Advisor in a timely manner.
- Providing support to Technical Advisors and other staff on integrating clients’ needs for institutional capacity building into project work plans and budget projections.
- Drafting internal reports and/or communications as needed.
- Submitting requests for contracts or STTA, and all administrative items (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, travel requests), in a timely manner.
- Making the Senior Technical Advisor aware of opportunities to expand LMS Nigeria’s impact through new client engagement.
- Graduate degree in international public health, international development, public policy, public administration, management, social sciences or a related discipline.
- Nigeria-specific experience required.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
- Proven programmatic, technical, and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGOs.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, teamwork and partnering abilities.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Feetal Diagnosis Clinic
- Medical Jobs at Imo International Health Systems
- Latest Vacancies at Rescue Technologies Limited
- HR Manager/Head of Corporate Services at Rescue Technologies Limited
- Medical Sales Representatives at Activlife Infusion Clinic
- Project Associate at Vesta Healthcare Partners Nigeria Limited
- Medical Vacancies at Total Health Trust Limited (THT)
- Compensation and Benefits/Human Resources Manager at Critical Rescue International (CRI)