The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Jos sub delegation is looking for a qualified candidate with the capacity to work sutonomously to fill the following interesting position: Livestock Field Officer
• Contributes to the implementation of the Economic Security Livestock program in Nigeria
• Assume main responsibility for implementing the Livestock programme in the Middle belt with minimum supervision.
• Understand, analyse and evaluate livestock related issues in the middle belt area.
• Monitor animal health status in the field and promptly report any disease emergencies to the HOSD and EcoSec programme Manager
• help to set up a plan of action for any livestock intervention;
• together with respective focal point in the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, identify and assist in training of Community Animal Health Workers (CAHWs) and vaccinators;
• Maintain and follow up contacts with Ministry representatives and other livestock stakeholders.
• Supervise the work of CAHWs/vaccinators and the vaccination activities in the field.
• Conducts analysis of the social economic and political situation, assessments and proposes interventions
• Designs, implements and monitors program activities.
• Analyse data and present it in a written and structured format;
• Collect information on other organisations' programs.
• Report on problems with accuracy and without delay.
• University degree (Veterinary Science)
• 3 years' work experience in a similar field, previous humanitarian I NGO experience an asset
• Very good understanding of the socio-political situation in the area of assignment
• Very good analytical and organizational skills
• Team leadership skills
• Good command of written and spoken English and Fulani (added advantage)
• Good computer skills
• Willingness to travel extensively and to participate in extended field trips
• Stress resistant and ready to work in adverse environments
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to the following address, not later than 30" September 2014
lCRC Jos Sub delegation
No 1 Rest House Road, Jos, Plateau State
OR 31 Pope John Paul II Street, Maitama, Abuja
Tel No. 234 706 418 9002