(job ref: Adm-Hr-Edu)
Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seeks the professional services of a Female School Administrator for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging learning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Objective/Purpose of Job:
The job holder will be responsible for managing the Administrative/Human Resources department; create an excellent Admin/HR system for an effective & efficient school.
Functionally Reports To: Coordinator of Schools
Administratively Reports To: Director of Schools
Supervises: All staff of the Human Resources/Administrative unit
Internal All departments and Personnel as required
External Parents, Vendors and Visitors
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems
- Attend to visitors on behalf of the coordinator of school
- Supervise and manage all day-to-day office administrative activities
- Update information on staff and students attendance-submitting monthly reports of staff absences and lateness to the coordinator of schools
- Update inventory documents and Assets List of the school
- Liaise with the account department on payment of resources, Coordination and assisting in school events – provision of refreshments, lunch, cakes and other supplies needed
- Serve as resource person for the Director of schools, Coordinator of Schools, Early Years & Primary Coordinators, and teachers etc. (Managing Resources)
- Monitor Facilities and infrastructure of office
- Respond to questions and requests for information from parents and visitors
- Monitor and Coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups of children at the reception
- Management of staff notices and data base as well as regular updating of same
- Monitor the Provision of supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Provide communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approve invoices.
- Monitor the Purchase of materials by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Monitor Results for special projects by coordinating information and requirements
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Improve program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieve financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Conduct parents viewings of the school premises (Tours, marketing and Children recruitment)
- Communicate school policies and procedures to parents; review all communication for quality assurance prior to sharing with parents and the community
- Prepare request documentation for foreign students, for e.g. visa request letters etc
- Ensure timely communication to parents of all school events, breaks and school closures; an initial email and text message must go out 1 week ahead of the event; a follow up reminder must go out by noon the day before the event
- Keep record and track of office supplies and resources
Any other duty or similar responsibility assigned from time to time.
Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution or any Related Discipline. MSc or MBA or professional certificates in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any Related Discipline will be an added advantage.
CIPM, CIPD, SHRM or any related professional qualification would be an added advantage.
Minimum 7 years relevant experience; 3 years out of this must be in a senior position in a school organization.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (THE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB):
Technical (Functional) Skills:
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software and other HR specific software.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Reporting Skills
Planning, controlling, leading and people management
Dependability, Integrity, Attention to details, Co-operation, Time Management, Good behavioural etiquettes
Method of application:
Salary is open to negotiation