Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening ...
Read more about this company
- Under the guidance of the State Team Lead (STL), the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to monitoring progress on project indicators, M&E tools reviews, tracking and monitoring of Kaduna & Yobe state MEAL activities.
- He/she will work closely with the Senior MEAL Officer to ensure project target objectives are met, conducting data quality assessments and audits, database management, and the compilation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly MEAL related reports of CGPP project portfolios Polio and GHSA.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to regular analysis of field data from focal LGAs and provide feedback as necessary.
- Conduct regular monitoring to focal LGAs for data verification to ensure data integrity, precision, reliability, timeliness, and validity.
- Works closely with the Senior MEAL Officer to track and monitor the implementation of detailed implementation plans (DIPs) developed by the Community Based Organization (CBO).
- Provide support to the CBO MEAL Officers to maintain the functionality of the project's devices for data reporting.
- Work closely with the Senior MEAL Officer to ensure compliance with the SOP of the management of the project's devices.
- With guidance from the STL and close working with the Senior MEAL officer, work with the CBO MEAL officers to field test data tools.
- Assist in compiling and harmonization of annual training plans for Yobe state under the guidance of the STL.
- Prepare Issues Log and keep a record of the Issues addressed, including updating of Change Management Procedure (CMP) tool.
- Work closely with the Senior MEAL officer to maintain the project's database for Yobe state under the guidance of the STL.
- Ensure the archiving of state reports, DIPs, supervisory visits reports, and filing of blank data tools.
- Work closely with the STL to plan and implement all review meetings in the state, not limited to bi-weekly or monthly MEAL meetings.
- Prepare weekly MEAL activities status reports for the state and share them with Team members.
- Provide inputs to research activities and writing of articles for publications as required.
- As guided by the management team and working closely with the Senior MEAL officer, support the planning and implementation of KAP surveys, annual DQA exercise, After Action Reviews and Intervention assessments and evaluations.
- Work with the project accountability focal point to ensure feedback from project stakeholders are promptly logged on the Country-Program Feedback registry and ensure closure of feedback loop in line with Country Program Accountability SOPs
- Collaborate with the PM and Senior MEAL Officer to ensure compliance with the Agency’s MEAL policies and procedures(MPP 4.0)
Required Languages - English and ability to speak Hausa will be an Advantage.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 70% and stay in difficult environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solution-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to multitask and deliver work to tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with relevant donors' regulations is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial reporting software a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: State Team Lead, Senior MEAL officer, Project Officers, Program Manager, Deputy Chief of Party, CBO MEAL officers, CP Accountability Officer
External: CGPP Secretariat, WHO, UNICEF, SPHCDA, NCDC
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Information Management, Social sciences, or related fields.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in humanitarian or development context.
- Proven track record and experience in supporting the development of M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access) and software applications.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework.
- Ability to train Partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the Polio Eradication program.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of vulnerable people.