Project Title: Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being program
Reports to: Technical Director
Project Duration: 5 years
Level of Effort: Full Time
The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being activity is a five-year USAID funded programme in Nigeria, beginning in May 2020. The program, in partnership with select local NGOs will foster, develop and support an ecosystem of safe spaces for youth to gain life-skills, access sexual, reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information, as well as referrals to local facilities. The primary goal of the programme is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents; ages 15–19, by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
The Program Officer will provide technical support and assist in the implementation and coordination of program activities, particularly for multi-sectoral partnerships, capacity development to local partners, and M&E activities in the target cities. S/he will assist in the development of work plans, support the team and management to ensure adherence to proposed budgets as well as to build and maintain relationships with local communities.
Other duties and responsibilities include;
- Working closely with the Technical Director, build and maintain partnerships and relationships with program partners, such as non-profits, federal agencies and community organizations, in order to expand resources, raise funding and educate the public about the work of the project.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Director, provide technical assistance and oversight functions to sub-recipients in the implementation and overall management of the project.
- With supervision from the Technical Director, work closely with other program management team e.g. Youth Advocacy Officer, Outreach Officer, Project Coordinator etc. to support and oversee capacity building, advocacy, community-based sensitization and engagement, appropriate linkage and referral activities to health facilities, and support for retention in adolescent SRHR/FP/ services in accordance with project work plan, targets, national policy, guidelines, and program SOPs.
- Participate in the development of project Implementation Plan, training manual/curricula and other various standard operational procedures (SoP)
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans, program initiatives and budget development including coordination and operationalization of Urban Adolescent Health project result framework.
- Support effective project management, coordination and provide support to partners on the project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
- Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports by the partners on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with project requirements.
- Support the development of annual, quarterly donor and government report writing including management and updates.
- Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to partners, project sites and communities
- Provide support to government and key stakeholders to ensure community buy in and sustainability of the UAH activities
- Work closely with the Private Sector Partnerships Lead to mobilize private partners’ support and other team members to create an interconnected system that promotes holistic care for our target group.
- Assist in collection of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related activities.
- Represent the Urban Adolescent Health project at various meetings, technical working groups and relevant forums
- In collaboration with DAI Nigeria’s Strategic Communications team, manage and produce program content for program website and activities as required.
- Provide support to all programme activities for the state office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional work experience on a U.S Government funded project will be preferred and an added advantage
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget development, event planning, coordinating multiple partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated strength and experience in writing technical reports
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; fluency in English language is essential
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Strong computer skill in MS Office packages is required
- Fluency in local language will be an added advantage
- Understand cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability of states (Lagos and Kano).
Do you want to study at University Of Sussex, England? Reserve your place for 2021 intakes Learn More