The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w...
Read more about this company
Supervisor: Project Director
Technical Head: Head of Programmes
Country of Assignment: Nigeria
Regional Directorate: West Africa
Place of Assignment: Taraba
M&E Specialist is responsible for nursing the highest efficiency in programme management and the provision of accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information related to development projects, monitoring and evaluations.
The M & E Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Management, Programme, project teams, and related counterparts staff to support successful implementation of the country programme.
- Ensure the implementation of corporate planning & monitoring tools and solutions for a successful strategic management and planning of the Organization.
- Develop the M&E plan for the Office and ensure the implementation of outcome and project evaluations.
- Monitor and advise on the compliance of the CO with the corporate planning and performance monitoring tools including the periodic monitoring of dashboards and exceptions and identify the remedial action.
- Participate in the preparation and update the annual integrated work plan and consolidate the Office reporting process on results.
- Develop suitable and innovative solutions and tools for improving project implementation.
- Implement and manage a monitoring system for the programme portfolio cycle and follow-up on projects portfolio cycle phases.
- Perform quality control of project documentation, strategic products developed by projects and midterm and final evaluation reports.
- Ensure the application of Results Based Management for all programmes and projects and ensure the development of a monitoring framework with measurable indicators. Participate in the interagency monitoring activities.
- Monitor the implementation of the office priorities/targets set through the Integrated Work Plan and the implementation of the audit recommendations related to programme.
- Develop SOPs for the M&E processes based on corporate tools and instruments.
- Conducts capacity building on Programme management and M &E
- Provide coaching and on-the-job-training of Office Staff on project development cycle, M&E, Results Based Management.
- Organize training for the staff and relevant national counterparts on project management, programme operational procedures, results-based management, and modalities of implementation.
- Liaise with national counterparts for the clarification of issues pertaining to implementation modalities, programme evaluations and programme audit results.
Have a Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics or related field.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in providing management advisory services, with hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in project design, management, and implementation of field-based protection programs.
- Strong communication skills and reporting skills, with excellent writing skills.
- Experience in coaching and training.
- Experience and good knowledge of the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of a local language.
- Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural team.
- Ability to live and work in unstable, insecure environments and sometimes inhospitable conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Multiple submission of applications for one or more job postings is not allowed and will lead to disqualification