SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that standard accounting procedures are followed and that accurate records of all transactions are kept.
- Advise Management on compliance with approved budgetary provisions and monitor its execution from time to time.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure annual accounts are prepared and presented in a clear and concise manner as to convey adequate information for both long and short-term financial positions of Edgebase
- Advise Management on resource utilization to ensure that they are in accordance with budgetary allocation and operational plans
- Perform full audit cycle, including risk assessment of Edgebase’s activities
- Prepare and present periodic audit reports, that reflect compliance with appropriate internal control measures of the company
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to the Board and Management to enhance the attainment of Edgebase’s goals
- Identify loopholes in the internal control measures and recommend risk aversion measures for the company
- Maintain open communication with Management and the Audit Committee;
- Monitor Management’s follow up interventions in correcting identified lapses in audit reports.
- Review company’s activities as quantified in the approved budget and track expenditure, review monthly operating statement and accounting records.
- Track Edgebase’s fixed assets.
- Raise audit queries and observations on deviations from internal control processes and reporting same to Board and Management.
- Accurate product costings, margins and markup calculations and sales commission computation.
- Inspection and verification of inbound and outbound products, liaising with all relevant personnel and departments within the organization.
- Monthly inventory and record taking of store and engineering units for product confirmation,
- Provide support to External Auditors
Any other duties assigned by Board and Management
Academic and Professional:
HND/ First degree in Accounting, Business Studies, Economics; or Other Social Sciences; Humanities; and Arts. Being a member of all or any of these professional bodies will be an added advantage; ICAN, ANAN or ACCA and be a registered professional with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria. Certification and training in IFRS is essential.
At least minimum of four (4) years’ experience in similar role in a comparable organization to Edgebase. Must be experienced in working with Senior Management. Must have reporting experience to Boards.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of Audit queries raised by External Auditors on Non-Compliance with Internal Control Mechanisms
- Sanctions by Regulatory and Statutory Bodies
- Organisation-Wide Compliance with Internal Control Measures
- Level of compliance with Internal Audit Procedures
- Timeliness and accuracy of reports
- Leakages and losses due to negligence
- Quality of support provided to the Board and Management
Must possess good written and verbal communication; I.T., interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.