SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Head, Programmes & Membership will be responsible for developing content for the Centre’s Programmes; initiating and setting goals for programmes according to the strategic objectives of the Centre, direct and oversee membership activities of the organisation. Duties and activity expectations include but are not limited to the ability to:
- Initiate and set goals for programmes according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop contents for training in Corporate Governance, Anti -corruption and Ethics Compliance
- Mobilise critical stakeholders in Public and Private Sector organisations for sponsorship of the Centre’s programmes
- Design programmes with high impact that will attract grants from development partners/multilateral organisations as well as from local partners.
- Write training and programmes concepts and presentations.
- Plan the programmes from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Demonstrate Strong Marketing skills leading to membership recruitment and programmes and training participation targets.
- Direct and oversee membership activities of the Centre.
- Develop Programmes, initiatives and policies designed to increase Membership of the Centre.
- Develop or approve budgets relating to Programmes and Membership.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Supervise all program and project officers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people.
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed.
- Create, Update & Distribute information to current members as well as prospective members.
- Read reports prepared by officers to determine progress and issues.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Provide Input to Strategic decisions that affects the functional areas of responsibility.
- Keep the CEO informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Law or other relevant fields.
Professional Qualification; Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Minimum 5-10 years’ proven experience as a Programme and Membership Director or other managerial position, of which at least 3 years in a managerial capacity in a business membership organisation.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge
- Proven experience as programme manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Membership policy design
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Good knowledge of MS office and program management and development of software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Excellent Organisational and Leadership skills
- Analytical mindset with problem solving skills
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Strong Marketing skills
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Should have excellent presentation skills.
- Should have strong influencing skills.