(job ref: GHR&A)
Our client is an indigenous Petroleum Marketing Company based in Lagos, and they operate in the downstream segment of the Oil & Gas sector in the economy.
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos (proximity to the work place will be considered in short listing for this role).
The Group HR&A Manager will provide oversight and leadership to the development and observing of processes related to the Group in the following deliverables; recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions. The GHR&A will provide strategic guidance on HR to the different companies that make up the Group.
- The Group Head (Human Resources & Administration) is an automatic member of the Executive Management team of the Group and reports directly to the Group Managing Director/Executive Chairman of the Company.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of a uniform HR processes and procedures for the Group so that it can apply to the different companies that make up the Group.
- Responsible for overseeing the talents and resources spread across the different companies that make up the group.
- Responsible for the identification, attraction, retention and management of great talents into the employment of the Company in furtherance of the Company’s strategic growth plans.
- Responsible for the identification of the training needs of the talents within the Group with the view to designing training programs to meet those needs.
- Responsible for developing organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues, talent retention strategy, contributing information, analysis and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction. Establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Responsible for managing human resource operations in such areas as recruitment, performance appraisal, orientation of new talents, training disciplining/sanction of staff.
- Responsible for designing and managing a smart performance appraisal framework for the different companies that is transparent and geared towards increased productivity of staff.
- Responsible for ensuring best Human Resource practices and ensuring excellent physical and mental health of all employees at all times.
- Together with the different Business Heads and the Group Managing Director, the Head of Human Resources & Administration will be responsible for the design and update of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the different businesses in the company.
- Responsible for the review and administration of the Company’s HR Policies Handbook.
- Responsible for the efficient and proper administrative functions of the company.
- Ensures that all equipment necessary for the efficient running of the company’s offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Calabar are always in good shape. This includes but not limited to operational vehicles, telephone lines, computer systems, air conditioners, televisions, DSTV etc
- Ensures adequate availability of stationeries needed for the day to day running of the company.
- Coordination of all administrative staff ranging from the Administrative Officer to drivers and Office Assistants.
- Coordination of statutory meetings of the company and ensuring that notices are sent out to the relevant stakeholders on time.
- Any other functions as may be assigned by the Group Managing Director.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- A first degree in Law (LLB) & law school (BL).
- Masters in Law (LLM)/HR/MBA will be advantageous.
- A national or internationally recognised HR Certificate CIPM, CIPD, SHRM, etc.
- 12 years experience in Human Resources, 5 years minimum as a senior level/management staff.
- Experience manning ships will be advantageous but not necessary.
- Competency and Skill Requirements
- Good resource planning skills.
- Very strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain a very high level of discretion with personnel and sensitive information.
- Good crisis management skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to proactively provide feedback to the Group Managing Director
- Strong motivational and team building skills
N8,000,000.00 – N9,000,000.00 GROSS/annum, plus other statutory benefits (please do not apply if you earn above the stated budget for the role).