Our client, a British Nursery and Primary school in Abuja seeks the professional services of a Female Executive Assistant for immediate employment. The school provides a happy, safe and engaging l(job ref: EA2HS)
earning environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Objective/Purpose of Job:
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative and executive support to the Head of school (HOS) by preparing reports, handling special projects, preparing correspondence, receiving parents & regulators, arranging programmes, scheduling meetings etc.
- Pro-active planning and management of the Head of School’s (HOS) time and appointments to enable the HOS focus on delivering strategic objectives and business goals
- Work in line with the HOS’s work routine and preferences
- Act as the central contact point for the HOS, screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them where appropriate
- Ensure that decisions and work is appropriately delegated in the absence of the HOS
- Review and attend to all forms of correspondence and communicate on behalf of the HOS
- Complete administrative and project related work delegated from the HOS
- Represent the HOS in a professional manner to internal and external clients
- Organize all travel logistics for the HOS as required
- Coordination of meeting dates and attendances including compilation and distribution of materials to the members
- Ensure appropriate venue and equipment booking for events including refreshments where appropriate with the admin team
- Set up and maintain the school calendar for meetings and events
- Ensure the HOS is well prepared and has relevant documentation for programmes/meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas, pre-reading papers and venue for programmes/meetings
- Accurately record minutes of various meetings and distribute to relevant parties in a timely manner
- Manage the practical and administrative requirements for the schools events as required
- Any other task of similar responsibility required by the HOS.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution or any Related Discipline. MSc or MBA or professional certificates in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any Related Discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience of proven experience providing executive support in a structured organization.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (THE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB):
Technical (Functional) Skills:
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software and other HR specific software.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task effectively
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Dependability, Integrity, Attention to details, Co-operation, Time Management, Good behavioural etiquettes
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including Board of Directors, Senior Management Team and external partners
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly professional and ethical with ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent people management and development skills
- Excellent leadership and business partnering skills to achieve results through organisational resources
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Self-starter with mature analytical skills and ability to work under pressure
- Innovative and forward thinking, with a track record of executing new ideas
Salary is open to negotiation