The Data Manager position will oversee a government agency's data systems. S/he will be responsible for organizing, storing, and analyzing data as efficiently as possible, while always upholding agreed-upon security standards.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
To ensure that the government agency's data is stored, managed, and analyzed correctly, the Data Manager would perform the following tasks:
- In collaboration with CPRDS, continuously develop data management policies for the agency;
- In collaboration with CPRDS, establish rules and procedures (protocols) for information sharing amongst management and stakeholders;
- Collaborate with the Data Center Administrator and CPRDS to ensure that the key systems are successfully deployed and that the information systems are operationalized;
- Manage and coordinate activities of the Data Center to ensure efficient and optimal use of all resources;
- Ensure regular backups of databases and files for data preservation;
- Assist staff (and other colleagues) in performing daily data-related tasks effectively, without the risk of losing data;
- Deploy current best practices in ensuring that the agency's data systems are secured and protected from potential breaches or malicious attacks.
- Coordinate troubleshooting meetings with staff members in the data center to discuss any data problems that may arise, with a view to developing potential solutions.
- Be responsible for the supervision, training and attendance to the day-to-day administrative needs of all data center staff, as well as operational requirements.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of data center staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance
- Work with the Director Research & Statistics to process and harmonize the monthly, quarterly, yearly and other reports prepared by the Data Analysts
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields
Total Work Experience: 7 years
Sector Work Experience: 5 Years
Skills: Strong analytical thinking skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), good with numbers, (records and raw data), problem-solving skills, and sound IT and database skills.
- Must be able to operate and access the agency's data stored and organized within modern database systems.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and executives, using telephones (both land and cell).
- Support the Director of Research & Statistics and other members in developing and deploying improved systems of data management, communications, and reporting of funded interventions.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State (One-year, full-time contract).
NB: Please note that your application will only be attended to if qualified for the role.