Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
As a primary face of the company, you will collaborate with The Founder and external parties to support the launch and growth of the Company's business plan. The Business and Operations Manager provides functional support in a well-organized and timely manner to the Founder and is a primary contact for communications related to Company's offerings, and manages administrative processes related to marketing, business development, order management and outsourcing.
- Assist the company in management of the following key areas of the business. Eventually, you will be managing a team of 5 -15 parttime / full-time staff across business units to execute the following. Initially, you will be a part of the team executing below. The ideal candidate must be able to show competencies in all five areas of the business.
Operations, Project and Business Management: 30%
- Execute project plans that align with organizational objectives. Coordinates groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and follows through to track progress and ensure timely completion
- Oversee and manage on-site and remote team members, consisting of sales, marketing, operational and technical experts
- Implement lean manufacturing process to ensure equipment is being used to its maximum potential.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Develop and execute the annual budget and updates while championing cost savings initiatives.
- Monitoring the company’s performance against key productivity indicators for Operations.
- Coach, lead and develop subordinates and staff; develop and maintain a succession plan.
- Ensure the completion of tasks by delegating responsibility and expected actions to Managers.
- Complete and participate in performance reviews.
- Coordinate the process of attaining monthly and weekly production plans in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure production schedules are met and prints are completed as per the company’s standards.
- Approve instructions relating to production operations and ensure strict implementation.
- Responsible for the qualification and maintenance of premises, and equipment.
- Ensure that the required initial and continuing training of department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need.
- Coordinate and participate in special projects as defined by senior management.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures.
Business Development: 20%:
- Research and build new accounts through strategic calling.
- Build lead pipeline through social, email and cold call marketing.
- Phone and educate leads on why our solution is right for them.
- Take the lead on closing business with assistance from other parties.
- Market company's offering and new products via digital and social marketing
- Conduct business proposal presentations to prospective clients.
Customer Relations and Service: 20%
- Nurture clients throughout the entire life cycle while creating loyalty and promoting advocacy.
- Provide prompt, courteous, accurate service to clients &Partners.
Technical Support: 10%
- Brainstorm, develop and implement new business processes via technical solution.
- Provide implementation support in digital systems including websites, content management, e-commerce, social media, analytics, advertising and CRM.
- Assist with brainstorming and development of app.
Administrative Support: 20%
- Prepare, complete and distribute various documents and information to appropriate channels.
- Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Coordinate business meetings and events.
- Audit and process expenses, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Track follow ups for various tasks after each meeting.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Assist in other projects as required.
Education and Experience
- University degree in marketing, advertising, communications, sales, or business administration, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years post NYSC experience in a related or similar role.
- Proven track record in creating and executing successful e-mail marketing, Internet marketing, direct marketing programs, new customer acquisition via variety of online platforms.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite ie. Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of use of Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Nairaland, Eventbrite, Nigeria Connect, Facebook Groups etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and proof reading skills.
- Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements preferred.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Highly Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
(Nice to Haves):
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Muse / Visual Studio, Microsoft Office, Any CMS, Google Ads / Analytics, Facebook / Insta ads, AWS, HTML/CSS, Any programming languages.
General and Personal Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Think on your feet while practicing good judgement skills.
- Able to work under pressure and account for results.
- Able to work with a diverse group of customers, clients and partners.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Reliability and ability to meet challenging deadlines.