Location- LAGOS, NIGERIA (WITH some amount of travel)
Renumeration- n1.2M-N1.6M (Total cost to company)
The successful candidate will apply data science and analytics methodologies to real business situations and use these methodologies in understanding problems from diverse perspectives. You will collaborate on complex projects and develop new skills to solve these challenges. You will work most of your time under NIFDEM but will also support our Partner Medela (An NGO). You will be required to travel across Nigeria. Travel will account for twenty percent of your time.
WHY WORK WITH NIFDEM
- An opportunity to contribute to data analytic-enabled services by applying data tooling, which aims to address business challenges within the Public Health sector.
- An opportunity to work on multiple dynamic projects. You are assured of a stimulating work environment.
- Work within a flexible, dynamic, diverse, and friendly team.
- An opportunity to work with a global consulting firm, its partner firms and our global partners and donor agencies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Mathematics. Statistics or computer science with a minimum of a 2:1
- Minimum of 2-3 years post qualification
- Experience using one or more analytical tools, such as Python, SQL, R, Microsoft Power BI, Jupyter Notebook, Tableau and SAS
- Has knowledge or experience using either analytic software- Google Analytics, Clicky, KissMetrics, Mint, Woopra, GoSquared, FoxMetrics, Gauges.
- Proficient in MS office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical skills and orientation to details.
- To be able to work cross-functionally in a global environment
- Excellent communication skills
- To show a good understanding and perform all job responsibilities to very high standards as required by the firm.
- Apply data analytic knowledge and acquired skills on a day-to-day basis.
Delivers high-quality, accurate results, showing good attention to detail and efficiently tying results to business solutions clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrates responsiveness, initiative, and an orientation toward service and broader business needs.
Excellent professional approach
- Effectively manage and meet business expectations promptly.
- Identify areas of change, seek to facilitate, and implement change as required.
Decision Making & Change Management Processes
- Identify and drive strategic change, looking beyond the obvious.
- Solve complex issues/problems independently using sound judgment
- Engage in rigorous and accurate analysis of data.
- Employ root cause analysis to identify problems and patterns and show a good understanding of the big picture (Including using hypothesis to identify potential issues) and their long-term implications.
- Engage with stakeholders to seek counsel for decision-making.
- Successful candidate must have the following project planning skills:
Structures, plan and prioritise projects efficiently, using key parameters such as time, scale, importance, etc.
- You must be reliable and timely (Punctual delivery of tasks and meeting deadlines).
- Efficiently deploy time and resources.
Anticipate potential problems, risks, and issues; and develops contingency plans.
Interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent collaborative working with the NIFDEM team and stakeholders alike.
- Able to influence others effectively and appropriately.
The successful candidate will use advanced data analysis techniques to strengthen leading analytical and reporting tools to work out large volumes of data to process multiplex computations in an alterable, reproducible, and self-executing manner.
- You should be able to put together and manipulate data for reporting and analytics
- You must be able to employ computational statistical analysis to build models for prediction, forecasting, segmentation, and business innovation.
- You will analyse and report on the data at hand, based on data findings, prospectively build models and mine data for statistical insights.
- The successful candidate will also help develop visualisations and dashboards that will inform our partners, decision-making related to our patient population and the organisation’s leadership to aid decision-making on new insights into health delivery models.
- In collaboration with the business intelligence team, you will develop, using evidence-based findings, automated solutions for our partners, clients and NIFDEM.
- You will employ complex analytic tools to solve operational business challenges for our partners, clients and NIFDEM.
- Design and produce workflows that support innovative reporting and foster improvements in the business process.
- The successful candidate will use analytics solutions to provide highlights in a simplified form that will assist decision-making within the firm’s leadership.
DIVERSITY AT NIFDEM
We understand and seek to harness the richness a diverse workforce provides. We believe that differences can inspire a better, healthier world. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect. And equal employment opportunities are available to every applicant.
Please send your comprehensive CV to email@example.com using the job title as subject of mail
For more information about this role please write to Jade Olubunmi-Akande at firstname.lastname@example.org. Advert for this role will close by 24/02/2023 Shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.