ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to hold a leadership role in the Impact Ventures program in Nigeria. You will design, set up and manage trials/innovations that can scale and reach hundreds of thousands of farmers in Nigeria over the next few years. You will report to the Impact Ventures Lead.
Designing Trials and Expansion
- Lead on the launching and execution of streams of innovations and trials
- Manage field teams to achieve trial visions and goals
- Contribution to high-level strategy development and detailed field execution
- Work with other Global and Nigeria One Acre Fund teams
- Build detailed trial project plans, including execution calendar
- Develop trial budgets and building of sustainable financial models
- Develop Management and KPI tools (e.g., Dashboards, training calendar, KPI trackers)
- Design and conduct market research to improve product and service delivery to clients.
- High-level trial design – Lead discussions on what questions to test through the trial, how to test it, and how the learning will improve longer term program design. Some essential components for discussion include marketing strategy, pricing, and distribution of the product/service.
- Trial monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan and execution – work with the M&E team to design trials and data collection plans to evaluate impact at trial conclusion
- Work with other departments and global research teams to build program solutions and innovations.
- Communicate updates and results.
- Spend time with the field teams in the field talking to our potential smallholder farmer clients to understand real-time challenges.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and program performance, through weekly tracking of Measurements, and identifying / working on process improvements
- Manage budgets and create forecasts for expansion and other program innovations.
- Hire and develop teams to operationalize plans
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience, including leading teams or entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a new program, department or launching new projects)
- University degree required in Business Administration, International Development, Agric Economics, or related fields.
- Experience managing projects that involve scaling u
- Experience implementing strategies based on field data and programmatic evidence.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Hausa (and other Nigerian languages)
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria