Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
This role is a one-year Contract Full-time (40 Hours/week commitment) with a possibility of an extension
As Marketing Manager you will lead marketing Global Citizen in Nigeria and West Africa, growing our regional audience and delivering the key global moments and local Nigerian and West African marketing campaigns end-to-end. You will shape the organization's profile in the Nigerian and West Africa market, and communicate our brand through incentive-led marketing (Rewards Program), partnerships, brand and issue-related campaigns, events, and other marketing activity.
We are looking for a driven and highly organised marketing manager with 7+ years of integrated and digital experience. In the day to day, you will work closely with the Global marketing team to shape and tailor
the Nigerian and West Africa marketing plan, and collaborate with the Nigerian and South African cross-departmental teams as you execute on and offline marketing campaigns.
You will report into the International Marketing Director, with a dotted line to the Country Director for Nigeria. You will be responsible for regularly communicating growth numbers and performances of your market to global HQ and ensure that your marketing outputs are effectively supporting overall team activities to continuously reach growth targets.
● 7 years+ of Marketing experience (agency, lifestyle brand, media, music industry, digital, start up a plus)
● Proficiency in English, working knowledge of French or another language of the region is an asset
● A marketer at heart: Excellent oral communication and copywriting skills with an eye for design and the ability to pitch Global Citizen, meet new partners, sell our organisation, engage social influencers, etc.
● Proven knowledge and expertise in paid marketing strategies, social ads, and influencer marketing strategies that drive growth and engagement
● Self-starter who can work independently and with international teams based outside of your market. Highly organised and proactive.
● Digitally fluent across all social platforms
● Experience and knowledge of data and analytics to inform decision making
● Strong market and cultural knowledge with a passion for and potentially experience in local music, culture, sport, and entertainment and an interest in social advocacy
● Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative, dynamic team culture
● Positive and driven, curious and creative about learning new ways to approach marketing with ‘outside of the box’ thinking for Global Citizen
● Proficient at managing and maximising budgets and resources
Why Global Citizen?
In this coming decade of action and accountability, Global Citizen will be the leading international voice, educator, and influencer that rallies humanity to take full responsibility and accountability for eradicating extreme poverty by 2030. You have a chance to contribute and make this world a better place for all. Our work is to Defeat Poverty, Defend the Planet, and Demand Equity.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.
Join our happy subscribers