Locations: Yobe (Damaturu, Jakusko and Geidam LGA)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Team Lead and with the support of the Food Security (FS) Field Coordinator, the role oversees the implementation of the WFP funded SCOPE registration activities in all the Food security and Livelihood project locations within Borno and Yobe state.
- The role-holder closely liaises with other FSL Project Officers and SCOPE Registrars to ensure smooth registration of beneficiaries and issuance of SCOPE cards to enrollees.
- S / he will be the overall supervisor of the scope registration team and will be responsible for field management, coordination and regular monitoring of the project in all the areas of operation.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL officer, Field Coordinator and in collaboration with the Deputy Project Manager, the Program Manager and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he will:
- Supervise the Scope Registration activities and provide appropriate guidance and oversight in daily field activities in respect of WFP procedure and requirements.
- Ensure the compliance with WFP and COOPI process and requirements.
- Plan and follow related activities such as registration and distribution of Scope cards.
- Ensure comprehensive project cycle management, with overall supervision of daily activities.
- Ensure that M&E plan is established and implemented in liaison with MEALofficer.
- Supervise and train SCOPE registrars, project staff on Scope online / offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Participate actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the AMEU Officer with a specific attention on the efficiency of the WFP biometric registration system.
- Collaborate with related COOPI departments and other implementing partners to identify opportunities for integrated programming, promoting best practices and developing shared policy approaches.
- Prepare and submit all Scope project internal and external donor reports.
Training & Capacity Development:
- Through direct technical assistance provision, build the capacity of programme staffs (registrars); identify staff development needs and design / suggest appropriate staff development approaches.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the unit staff to develop professional and technical competency.
- Provide technical feedback on daily, weekly and monthly registration reports received from Scope project unit, ensuring that established programme targets and objectives are being met
- Manages and regularly updates the Food Security and Livelihood project SCOPE/digital registration in compliance with the defined project strategy as well as COOPI and WFP guidelines.
- Supervises the SCOPE registration team and provides appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities.
- Total management of the SCOPE / digital registration equipment, materials and data.
- Manages the SCOPE / digital registration data, progress report of the e-registration activities to enhancing smooth distribution exercise.
- Facilitates the training of Scope project staff on Scope online / offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Manages shared e-registration related complaint in accordance with WFP guidelines.
- Liaises closely with WFP SCOPE Unit / Office regarding SCOPE implementation and related issues.
- Prepares and submits all SCOPE registration activities report.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders, NGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Participates actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the M&E Officer with specific attention on the efficiency of the WFP Livelihood, BSFP, GFD etc.
Coordination & Partnership:
- Represent COOPI in relation with WFP SCOPE unit.
- Liaise closely with WFP Maiduguriand WFP Damaturu Office regarding to Scope registration activities.
- Meet with partners and donor agencies during field visits.
- Promote a positive profile of the programme and good understanding among other sectors, partners and communities about the Scope related activities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Liaise with formal and informal local authorities to ensure communication and transparency of the SCOPE registration process.
- Provide the necessary tools for a fair and transparent beneficiary selection.
- Manages all scope project teams directly, including enumerators and SCOPE registrars
- Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of Scope registrars and enumerators
- Hold regular meetings with project management team to plan and address any concerns and share feedback regarding SCOPE registration activities.
- Maximise all SCOPE process security, in liaison with the security officer, for both staffs and beneficiaries.
- Report all security incidents or relevant information to the PM and Security officer.
This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree / Diploma preferably in IT / ICT, Computer Science and Communication Technology, Statistics or any closely related academic disciplines, Programming / Sciences / Engineering or Social Sciences, and evidence of NYSC discharge certificate, with previous experience working in developmental and emergency projects especially in ICT related sector.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage
- Prior experience with WFP SCOPE registration is desired
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience with the humanitarian program in a similar context.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS excel.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus-building
- High-level attention to detail and managing complex relationships and communications
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions.
- Highly computer literacy (ability to adapt software packages to contexts)
- Experience as a SCOPE registration officer with an INGO partner
- Minimum 2 years Banking Sector experience working on ATM or 3 years’ experience in the NGO Sector of which 2 years should be working in SCOPE Registration / e-registration programming / or project implementation in a humanitarian context;
- Excellent knowledge of English, with a fair understanding of Hausa or Kanuri.
- Proficient in data collection and handling bulk registers of beneficiaries.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the Project Manager and direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.