Based in: Maiduguri, Borno State
Deadline: Wednesday, 15 th September 2021 @6:00pm
Contract Start Date: ASAP
This position is opened to Nigerian Nationals only.
The I.C.T Officer supports the Logistics Coordinator and the Deputy Logics Coordinator in activities linked to, ICT and communications according to PUI standards and procedures in order to adequately meet the ICT needs of the various bases on the mission. He / She works under direct supervision of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Specific Responsibilities & Linked Activities:
- Liaison between the organization and the network service provider to ensure SLA is met.
- Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general diagnosis and repair of Computer PCs (both hardware and software)
- Provide Network Administration.
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting hardware and software problems observed by staff.
- Ensure Internet services are always running with minimal downtime.
- Be able to provide basic training and help desk functions to the employees on the use of various application software programs.
- Document resolutions to problems and maintain repair logs.
- Perform installation, maintenance and updating of local area network components, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, peripherals, printers, network nodes, terminals, and wiring, in accordance with PUI standards.
- Configure and maintain the use of MS Teams, MS OneDrive and SharePoint for staff file management, and train staff in the proper monitoring and use of these tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
A. SOFTWARE AND MISSION SHARE-POINT MANAGEMENT
- Manage the installation of Software on mission’s computers e.g anti-virus, Office Suite and all other software for the mission
- Keep license codes and use them accountably on the mission’s computers
- Recommend the purchase and use of Software to the Deputy Logistics coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Resolve all staff issues regarding software on mission computer systems
- Provide guidance and training to staff on the use of new software
- Setup and manage a mission-wide database/SharePoint
- Make sure weekly backup of all mission’s laptops are done and recorded
B. MANAGEMENT, MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS OF IT AND COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Facilitate the repair of faulty ICT equipment such as laptops, printers, scanners, radio etc
- Ensure the availability and installation of quality toners for the mission’s printers
- Provide guidance/training to staff on use of ICT and communication equipment to avoid damage
- Ensure proper allocation of computers and phones for all bases
- Ensure proper use of mission’s radio communication devices
- Collect ICT needs and communicate to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Maintain a physical inventory of mission’s ICT equipment
- Raise Purchase Requests for ICT material needs
- Follow-up and prepare necessary documentations for airtime payments for the whole mission
- Manage the registration, swapping and issuance of SIM cards for staff across the bases on the mission
- Issue all communication devices such as Mobile phones, Satellite phones and HF/VHF Radios to the requesting bases
- Update the mission contact list whenever new emails or phone numbers are created and ensure the accuracy of the mission contact list at all time
- Ensure that the communication equipment in safe rooms are functional at all time
C. EMAIL CREATION REQUEST AND INSTALLATION FACILITATION
- Ensure the timely creation of Email address for staff when requested
- Manage the password database for emails on the mission
- Manage installation, removal and any other related issues relating to emails
- Assist new staff in the installation of email signatures and facilitate the uniformity of email signatures according to PUI standards and guidelines
Share all newly created email addresses with the Logistics officer
D. PAYMENT AND RENEWAL OF INTERNET AND COMMUNICATION SUBSCRIPTION
- Ensure the configuration of mission contact list on mobile phones
- Monitor internet consumption, make recommendations on internet use, restrictions and facilitate the timely renewal of internet subscription
- Liaise with the internet service provider in case of any problems or inadequacies on the internet across all PUI bases
E. DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING
- Maintain accurate record of all mission’s ICT and communication equipment Share reports to the Deputy Logistics coordinator on a monthly basis
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to ICT and communication
- Maintain good record of mission’s passwords and ensure utmost integrity and accountability in the use of PUI software licenses
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa and Kanuri are a plus
Education Degree: Diploma or graduate in Computer Science or Engineering related fields, ICT, Information Management sciences or other relevant ICT recognized professional qualifications
- Minimum 1 year working in core ICT functions
- Previous experience in an INGO is an added advantage
- Knowledge and skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Internet infrastructure management
- Excellent knowledge of I.T equipment management
- Functional knowledge on the use of Radio communication equipment and procedures
- Computer skills: MS Pack Office and any other software (Windows 10 Professional, MS Office 365, Microsoft Office Standard 2013 & 2016 ESET Anti-Virus, F-Secure Anti-virus, WINBOX, UNIFI Controller, MS OneDrive, SharePoint, MS Teams, VEEAM Backup, Microsoft Server 2013), Internet trouble-shooting skills.
Interests: Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Honesty and Integrity