Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alli...
Read more about this company
Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is currently implementing a USAID funded Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic (ACE) Project in Lagos, Edo, and Bayelsa States. Implementation is targeted at promoting new and underutilized partnerships to accelerate the achievement of the HIV epidemic control in Nigeria through the delivery of high impact HIV prevention, care, and support services to general populations who are living with HIV and those at risk of contracting HIV.
The program is intended to provide evidence-based services that will deliver measurable results by addressing programmatic and systems barriers to epidemic control, including but not limited to, the following areas: HIV Case Finding and Linkage (HTS), Adult Care and Treatment, Paediatric/Adolescent Care and Treatment, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), Cervical cancer screening, TB/HIV Care, Laboratory, Health Systems Strengthening to Support Clinical Services, Expertise with the Private Sector and Operations and Implementation Research.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position below:
Job Title: Community ART Clinician
Reports to: State Program Manager
Location(s): Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos
Slots: Bayelsa (2), Edo (3), Lagos (3)
Employment Type: Part Time
The Community ART Clinician will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on community based prevention, care and treatment activities through improving activities across the continuum of care – case finding for adults and paediatrics, genealogy testing scaling up cervical cancer screening activities as part of prevention services, PrEP, PMTCT, retention in care, viral load sample collection and suppression, differentiated models of care at the community. Support safe and ethical models of care both at the facility and community that would efficiently achieve results thereby maintaining program fidelity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support planning, coordination of activities for the community ART team.
- Develop strategies aim at effective and strategic for community case findings among the general population.
- Ensure all newly clients identified are screened for AHD care at the community.
- Ensure recency testing is conducted for all newly identified clients at the community.
- Ensure adequate counselling is conducted for newly identified clients by his team and linked to care same day.
- Ensure availability of all commodities-test kits, PEP, drugs etc. at the community.
- Support cervical cancer screening, PrEP initiation, PMTCT services at the community.
- Ensure distribution of HIVST with proper clients’ literacy education.
- Support training facilitation of health care providers at unsupported structures in the community.
- Support clients’ literacy education including care givers orientation at the community.
- Ensure TB screening of newly identified clients at the community.
- Ensure linkage of presumptive TB clients for TB diagnosis at supported sites.
- Conduct capacity building sessions for unsupported sites using the hub and spoke mechanisms.
- Organize and support monthly referral coordination meetings.
- Ensure differentiated service delivery models in the community are activated strengthened for existing ones and scaled up across all supported LGAs
- Ensure tracking of all IIT clients immediately.
- Ensure daily review of all clients in care at the community.
- Ensure community upward viral load sample collection at the community.
- Set up telemedicine platforms to communicate with community clients as the need arises.
- Ensure appropriate referrals of clients who develop opportunistic infections to health care facilities.
- Touch base with supported facilities frequently to ensure all community identified clients are linked to facility electronic medical capturing.
- Work through devolved clients from the facility to community and ensure high quality services are offered to them.
- Organize weekends, moonlight ART services are offered to clients across the continuum of care.
- Take full oversight of documentations on all source documentations on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Support the SI team during data validation of community services.
- Perform other assigned responsibilities as occasion demands by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
- MBBS with 2 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDs programmatic implementation in resource constraint settings.
- Demonstrated skills to use data for program refinement and implement targeted interventions with highest degree of efficiency and impact.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioural habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.