African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Principal Global Client Management Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50078332
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The role of the Bank's Non-Sovereign Operations and Private Sector Support Department of the Bank (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries, ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the PINS Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the sector; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, Project Modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations.
The main responsibilities of the position holder are:
- Contribute in the formulation of a long-term Global client Management framework and execution of a Client Relationship Management process required for Private Sector Development within the Bank;
- Contribute in the development and operation of a system (business tool) to manage global client relationships (CRM Tool);
- Identify Global Clients, aggregate the management of Global Clients, supervise the management of Global Clients;
- Develop Global commercial Client relationships with existing and potential third-party investors;
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Division Manager - Strategy and Transaction support, the Principal Global Client Management Officer will perform the following:
- Contribute to the Management, leveraging and retention of client relationships which ensures the flow of value between the Bank and clients
- Contribute to the proposal of new and retention of existing global clients in order to generate significant deal flows for the Bank;
- Participate to the design of a system which will support the private sector business origination activities of the regional directorates and the Bank Departments’ responsible for Business development;
- Contribute to the Development of business tools required to manage potential Client funding and non-funding requests which is required to drive private sector pipeline development;
- Build market intelligence and maintain a database of global clients required to support the decision making process of origination teams based in the regional centers and in HQ;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a network of high net worth sponsors, financiers and developers.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master's Degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance or related field and/or IT Science for Business, Management, Economics;
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development and Client Management
- Strong Experience in Client Relationship Management
- Strong experience in IT database, Software technology and innovative systems;
- Ability to produce clear and concise marketing reports
- Sound knowledge of private sector transaction processing
- Client and results oriented, with strong analytical and communication skills
- Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing solutions to client needs
- Teamwork oriented with excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external contacts
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues
- Diplomacy and credibility to deal with investors and development partners at all levels
- Capacity to develop the role and to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the Bank
- The ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and to build networks
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge to the other language; including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex business messages into clear communication messages and material
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and preferably including SAP.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.