Nutrition Field Volunteer at Save The Children
Posted on: 12 June, 2018
Deadline: 15 June, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Nutrition Field Volunteer
Job Type: Part-Time
- This role domiciled in the NJR4 and IHA Projects provides direct services to beneficiaries on the field in Project’s Communities implementing nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant, MUAC screening and referral and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) as agreed with the donor.
- The Nutrition Field Volunteer will also work with the Local Partners (EYN Nutrition Officers and Field Assistants) in ensuring quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project locations.
Qualifications Experience And Skills
- Minimum of ND, NCE in Nutrition, Health, Public Health, Social Science or any related fields.
- Experience of working in Nutrition programme.
- Familiarity with the local culture of typical communities.
- Fluent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Should be able to converse in Hausa and Kanuri/Shuwa languages
- Acceptable IT Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Key Deliverables Include
- Conduct quality nutrition (MUAC) screening for children under-5 in target Communities.
- On a daily basis, refer identified SAM cases in target communities
- Carry out weekly follow up visits on nutrition beneficiaries.
- Support OTP Services in target communities together with the health team.
- Conduct as well as supervise to ensure quality IYCF counselling sessions provided during Support group meeting.
- Conduct quality food demonstration sessions are in Project supported Communities.
- Carry out IYCF sensitization at various vendors’ outlet during food distribution as may be assigned.
- Build capacity of Mother and father Leaders by providing on-the-job training IYCF-E.
- Participate in nutrition assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
- Collect quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviours in project communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in supported communities and health facilities.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not use a third party for employment and also does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Recent Jobs from Save The Children
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Programme Operations Coordinator at Save The Children
- Know More About Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Checklist Officer (Intern) at ToLet.Com.Ng
- Deputy Safety Advisor at International NGO Safety Organisation
- Case Management Officer at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Director, Health Services - CONUNASS 15 at The Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM)
- Dental Therapist at University of Calabar
- Dental Technician at University of Calabar
- Nurse Intern at University of Calabar
- Nurse Intern at University of Calabar