Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for candidates to fill the position below:
Storage and Transportation Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the storage and transportation of medical and non-medical goods for all PUI bases in Borno State according to PUI protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission / projects.
- He / she is under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager.
Responsabilities And Tasks
- Stand as the focal point for all issues regarding the warehouse for the Supply Team
- Ensure the formal communication linked to the store within the Supply Chain.
- Manage and organize the reception, storage and shipping of all supplies at the warehouse
- Ensure all requests of stock are sent and delivered to the requesters (project managers) in a timely manner
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of reception, in coordination with the Supply-chain Supervisor.
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates (if applicable)
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements (to prevent loss or damage and achieve warehouse optimization) and organize the implementation
- Supervise the team of daily workers in charge of transport and storage activities
- Ensure the recruitment of daily workers for logistics needs.
- Ensure the daily workers attendance follow up and edit the attendance sheets
- Ensure the payments of daily workers
- Ensure daily workers have all required safety equipment (safety shoes and gloves).
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the storage premises
- Organize and supervise cleaning (and regular disinfection if necessary) of storage spaces
- Express his / her needs for daily workers to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
- Assist with monthly rolling stock takes and the annual stock take, reconciling inventory records with physical counts and sharing the monthly report to the Supply chain Manager.
- Fill the store required documents correctly (GRN, Stock Card, Bin Card, Internal Requests…)
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods.
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Manage and plan, in collaboration with the line Supervisor, the shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the capital to the projects choosing the best possible means of transport
- Being responsible for the reception of international freight and its forwarding to the field.
- Regularly assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,…), and proposing different third party providers for validation
- Contact required transporters for deliveries and transport
- Fill the transport documents correctly (Waybill,…) and archive them accordingly.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give daily report to the Supply Chain Manager about the progress of the logistics activities.
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his domain
- Language skills English / Hausa / Kanuri
- Education degree: Diploma or graduate in Logistics, Business or any other professional qualification.
- Work experience Minimum 06 months with INGO
Knowledge and Skill:
- Team Management
- Logistical skills
- Procurement, Negotiation, Communication
- Administrative and Management skills
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Pack Office and any other software
- Other required skills;
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Good physical condition
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) career website on forms.office.com to apply