What We Do
We deliver intelligent, flexible talent acquisition solutions that can scale with you. We provide a two-pronged approach that focuses on strategy and execution.
We believe companies can improve their talent acquisition outcomes with better planning and processes and a deeper understanding of what makes them unique.
Project Officer, North East Nigeria
Based in Abuja Nigeria
Starting date: May 2018 - Initial 12 months (renewable)
Our client began its work in North East Nigeria in 2016, facilitating dialogues between communities experiencing ethno - religious differences which had worsened following the
Boko Haram - led insurgency. Our client has also facilitated in the production of an Alternative Narrative document whose thematic modules are now used to engage various stakeholders
such as women, youth and religious groups in dialogue in the North East of the country
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the Project Officer will following
- Support the day- to - day management of project activities including:
- Monitoring the political situation in specific regions and developments relating to North East Nigeria and the impact on the respective project(s), as well as research
- and analyse subjects related to the project(s);
- Supporting the organisation and co-ordinating project meetings, including the conceptualisation and formulation of meeting agendas as well as the drafting of
- meeting reports and mission notes ;
- Contributing ideas and suggestions on the project including the preparation of project work plans and calendars and the implementation of project activities ;
- Together with the SPM Nigeria, s/he maintain and strengthen links with related parties and partners, including donors; liaise with high level external parties.
- Oversee the management of donor grants including:
- Reviewing, formulating and managing budgets;
- Preparing internal and donor - related project reports (narrative and financial) in consultation with the relevant point persons;
- Managing the administrative aspects of the project including consultants’ contracts, outputs, invoices, travel, etc.
- Prepare project and fund raising concept notes, proposals and narrative/review reports;
Additional project support:
- Undertake assessments and explore possible new initiatives
- Carry out research and analysis on subjects related the project;
- Help identify, pursue and manage new mediation work in the region;
- Represent and promote HD in different contexts to parties and outside audience in the region;
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the facts on the ground;
- Any other tasks as requested by the Senior Programme Manager.
The successful candidate should have
- A minimum of 5 years of Work experience in conflict resolution or a related field.
- A university degree in conflict resolution and related humanitarian issues or a related field;
- Political astuteness;
- Strong writing skills in English
- Good knowledge of the region
- Strong organisational skills
- Understanding of project management
- Understanding of and experience in gender and women’s issues
The successful applicant should:
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have discretion in handling confidential information;
- Be able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Be a team player
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Project Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this position and meet the above - described qualifications, please
send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter