What We Do
We deliver intelligent, flexible talent acquisition solutions that can scale with you. We provide a two-pronged approach that focuses on strategy and execution.
We believe companies can improve their talent acquisition outcomes with better planning and processes and a deeper understanding of what makes them unique.
Project Assistant , Nigeria North East Region
Based in Abuja Nigeria
Starting date: May 2018 - Initial 12 months (renewable)
Our client began its work in North East Nigeria in 2016, facilitating dialogues between communities experiencing ethno - religious differences which had worsened following the Boko Haram - led insurgency. Our client has also facilitated in the production of an Alternative Narrative document whose thematic modules are now used to engage various stakeholders such as women, youth and religious groups in dialogue in the North East of the country.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the Project Assistant will:
- Support the day-to- day management of project activities including:
- Supporting the organisation and co-ordination of project meetings, including the conceptualisation and formulation of meeting agendas as well as the drafting of meeting reports and mission notes;
- Planning for, and undertaking, frequent project - related travel including booking flights, hotels and other travel – related needs;
- Contributing ideas and suggestions to the project including the preparation of project work plans and calendars, and the implementation of project activities.
- Maintain and strengthen links with related parties and partners, including donors, and liaise with high - level external parties.
- Oversee the management of donor grants including:
- Reviewing and managing budgets;
- Preparing internal and donor - related project reports (narrative and financial) in consultation with the relevant point persons ;
- Managing the administrative aspects of the project including consultants’ contracts, outputs, invoices, travel, etc.
- Prepare project/fundraising concept notes, proposals and budgets.
Additional project support:
- Monitor the political and security situation in North East Nigeria and wider Nigeria;
- Carry out research and analysis on subjects related the project;
- Help identify, pursue and manage new mediation work in the region;
- Represent and promote our client in different contexts in the region;
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the facts on the ground;
- Any other tasks as requested by the Senior Programme Manager.
- The successful candidate should have:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong planning and administration experience
- Sound research and analytical skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Hausa Languages
- Prior knowledge of conflict resolution/mediation or humanitarian field needed;
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a similar function
The successful applicant should:
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Be a team player
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Project Assistant - email@example.com
If you are interested in this position and meet the above - described qualifications, please
send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter