If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Armed Violence Reduction Facilitator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Direct operational implementation of AVR activities in the DRC/DDG areas of operation (community safety planning, conflict management education, dialogue facilitation, youth engagement).
- The AVR Facilitator is responsible for the implementation of the activities of the project with the level of quality required and in a timely manner.
- The AVR Facilitator is also in charge of liaising with the project stakeholders, establishing a wide network including the authorities, security services, communities, NGOs, and other possible sources of information.
- The AVR Facilitator will collect data and report on a daily basis to his/her Supervisor.
- University degree in social science or tertiary education in any other relevant field will be a preferred
- Experience in community mobilization, facilitation of workshops or other participative activities (focus groups, mediation processes, etc.) necessary.
- Knowledge of local communities; actual inhabitants of these areas are preferred
- Fluency in local language and English language speaking, reading and writing
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities.
- Previous experience working with youth
- Previous experience working for an international or national NGO/civil society organization
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Willing and able to work for long hours when requested
- Creative and willing to learn new things
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, G-mail)
- Availability: May 2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV's addressed to "AVR Manager" via: email@example.com with the position title written in the subject line of the email.
At the address below:
No. 5, Azare street,
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.