If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
Manager, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with travel to Sokoto, Bauchi, Kebbi and other states as needed
Scope Of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Manager, MNCH to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- GHSC-PSM has been assigned to support efforts to increase access to essential commodities for MNCH in the states mentioned above. As a first step in this process, GHSC-PSM conducted situational analysis of the current management of these commodities in the target states in 2017.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Coordinate the development of MNCH (Task Order 4) activities in GHSC-PSM workplans and budgets for all fiscal years through the lifespan of the Project aligned with the MNCH (Task Order 4) program description.
- Work with the GHSC-PSM senior management and the USAID Mission to revise the MNCH (Task Order 4) program description as necessary.
- Work closely with the Systems Strengthening team members to ensure that MNCH commodity and supply chain concerns are addressed in cross-cutting systems strengthening activities.
- Coordinate closely with other technical areas in GHSC-PSM in the planning and facilitation of the Human-Centered Design (HCD) activity.
- Support the Deputy Country Director – Technical to monitor and coordinate the activities of the HCD implementing partner in the USAID targeted States.
- Responsible for the management, implementation, and monitoring of all MNCH activities in focused states as per the program description submitted to GHSC-PSM by USAID/Nigeria.
- Coordinate regional/state level collaboration of GHSC-PSM field logistics staff with all MNCH stakeholders.
- Identify/revive and participate in RMNCH Technical Working Groups at National and in targeted States
- Coordinate the inclusion of MNCH tracer commodities into the End Use Verification (EUV) tool.
- Develop plans to include MNCH commodities management in Monitoring and Supervisory visits to health facilities in USAID target States.
- Develop capacity of EUV assessors on MNCH tracer commodity data collection.
- Collaborate with M&E team, monitor EUV data collection, assist in data analysis and generate report.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Provide regular updates on Nigeria MNCH activities to TO4 director Washington.
- Submit ad hoc requests on Nigeria MNCH activities to TO4 director as requested.
- Performs other duties as required.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of child and maternal health, and/or technically relevant work experience; experience in public health supply chain preferred.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs required.
- In depth knowledge of the MNCH environment in Nigeria, in Sokoto, Kebbi and Bauchi states.
- Experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to USAID, in-country Ministries of Health, GHSC-PSM project field offices, other USAID and non-USAID project field offices, international donors, implementing partners, and inter-agency initiatives.
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
- Prior management and supervision experience preferred.
- Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects daily with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, other donors, consultants, the Ministry of Health, international organizations, and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
- The Manager MNCH will report directly to the Director Health System Strengthening or his or her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the project based in Abuja, Nigeria with travels to Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto states, and potentially other areas of Nigeria as needed.
Annual Salary package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 267,802.00(Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 774,534.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 1,099,896.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of your annual base salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual base salary
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International career website on chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com to apply