Collection and Recovery Officer at RoVedana
Posted on: 13 February, 2018
Deadline: 23 February, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at RoVedana
Rovedana Limited - Our client is a leading pan-African bank with operations in various countries across the continent.
They are a full-service bank that provide wholesale, retail, investment and transactional banking services to governments, financial institutions, multinationals, local companies, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and individuals.
Collection and Recovery Officer
- We are currently recruiting “Collection and Recovery Officer - Commercial Banking” across various locations in Nigeria for our client. They will be responsible for recovery and possible restructuring of Commercial Bank loans.
- Ensure all budgeted items are not exceeded
- Undertake regular and frequent calls, site visits, follow-ups to implement remedial strategies and action plans agreed with Team Lead, Challenged Assets & Recovery.
- Initiate demand and reminding letters to all defaulting customers and review all credit files for proper documentation and monitoring.
- Obtain background information on all accounts assigned to the Challenged Assets & Recovery Team and especially customer information etc…
- Follow up on major debtors accounts assigned to ensure recoveries through calls, demand notices or any other appropriate means.
- Monitors Recovery Agents to ensure accounts assigned to them are fully recovered.
- Prompt identification of unauthorized balances and follow up with branches on early warning and remedial action on newly created PDOs in the branch.
- Monitoring and Recovering of PDO’s /Expired CMB loans in the branches.
- Recovery of fully provisioned or written-off credit exposure and rehabilitate other impaired credit.
- Ensure that properties, equipment and inventories hold by the bank are properly insured.
- Recommend accounts for classifications and declassifications and accounts to be written-off with justification.
- Daily call memo and progress reports on negotiations with debtors in respect of repayment of indebtedness.
- Negotiations/meetings with customers who want loan work out options such as refinancing, rescheduling and restructuring
- Preparation of approval requests to management for negotiated settlements and follow up until account is fully settled and the balance written off.
- Follow up on sale of securities deposited for collateral alongside the legal department after other remedial strategies have been exhausted
- Follow up on release of security documents for NPLs which have been fully regularized
- Preparation and recommendation of strategies for recoveries on major assigned accounts to the Team Lead.
- Collection on accounts assigned at the beginning of the year to ensure full repayment.
- Give priority attention to regularize outstanding legal and documentation issues on assigned portfolio.
- Liaise with external solicitors to ensure that cases referred to them for legal action are handled with efficiency.
- A good University degree (B.Sc.) with a minimum of 2:2 or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in any discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant Banking Experience
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, products & customer segmentation
- Strong knowledge of commercial business
- Good knowledge of Foreign exchange related issues
- Interpersonal skill
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Analytical/problem solving skill
- Computer appreciation (word- processing/Spreadsheet/PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Database Management
- Paying attention to details
- Goal driven and result oriented
Method of Application
Applicants should send a soft copy of their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org The Subject of the mail should be “Collection and Recovery Officer - and location
- Know More About RoVedanaSimilar Jobs
- Trainee Back Office Credit Officer at AB Microfinance Bank
- Teller at Petra Micro Finance Bank Ltd (PMFB)
- Head of Operations - Banking at Aldelia Limited
- ET Consultant at World Bank
- Principal Social Protection Officer - RDGC2 at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Head, E-Products Settlement at First Bank
- Team Lead, Innovation System Manager at First Bank
- Team Lead, Innovation Opportunity Management at First Bank