The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below, this position is opened to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Assistant Coordinator Student Affairs (Female), New Foundation School
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Foundation Programs, New Foundation School
Summary of Position
- The Assistant Coordinator Student Affairs, New Foundation School (NFS) is charged with the responsibility of assisting the Senior Coordinator of Student Affairs in ensuring the smooth running of the daily operations of the AUN New Foundation School.
- These duties shall include assisting with the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of varying levels of activities for the New Foundation School with a view to achieving the vision and mission behind its establishment.
- The incumbent will reside in the housing complex with the students and coordinate all aspects of their residence life and activities outside of their residence life.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Coordinator of Student Affairs, New Foundation School and also collaborates with other staff of the NFS, AUN, and community members.
- A Bachelor’s degree or post graduate degree (preferred) from a recognized tertiary institution; plus four years increasingly responsible secondary school/ higher education, office support and administrative experience.
- Knowledge of:
- University policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Office administration principles and practices.
- Budgeting procedures and financial record keeping
- Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and political acumen.
- Skill in compiling and presenting statistical information.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to represent the NFS in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with a high level efficiency.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted