The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Sites Officer (National Contract)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- Sites Officer’s primary function is to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the construction activities being implemented by DRC in accordance with the local regulations
Essential (+ or - if needed):
- University degree in engineering with minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant field
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Fluency in local language (Hausa, Kanuri etc) and English language speaking, reading and writing
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities
- Proficient in Autocad or suitable design software.
Desirables (+ or - if needed):
- Previous experience working with construction work
- Previous experience working for an international or national NGO/civil society organization
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Willing and able to work for long hours when requested
- Creative and willing to learn new things
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail)
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”