If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Data Entry Officer (National Contract)
About the job
- Within the scope of DRC’s Food Security CBT project, funded by WFP, the Data Entry Officer will be responsible for the supervision of the CBT data-entry activities: formatting, creating and properly storing of the soft-copies of the beneficiaries data/report.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsibilities are to perform all sort of database relative work under the supervision of the AFSM/FSM for collecting of data and information and to ensure and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Design and develop data base, record keeping and maintaining the data base.
- Generate reports on a weekly and monthly basis. (Statistical & Graphical)
- Modify existing databases and database management systems according to requirements.
- Monitoring of data entry. After entry of the data the hard copies will be returned to the respective teams. The ambiguous data forms will be returned to the respective community workers for accuracy.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement database security measures to safeguard information in client computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Train data entry staff and other database users as necessary
- Answer questions and queries on database use and management
- Develop user access levels for each segment of database according to programme management specifications.
- Ensure the participants welfare and their confidentiality during and after data collection.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for making any necessary changes to the database, according to protection management needs.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development, assessment, forms, format and tools development for collection of data and information.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Data entry of the documents including (Baseline, End line data, Intake form, Awareness sessions, record and meetings of the CBT, training attendance and report, Focus group discussion, Key information interview.
- Develop weekly, monthly and as per need reports and data from the database and needs to be shared with the AFSM/FSM and relevant staff.
- Tools, formats and trainings necessary for performing the above tasks will be provided by the AFSM/FSM.
- All activities will be implemented based on the weekly work plan in close coordination with the AFSM/FSM.
Designation of Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Start date: 1ST MARCH 2018
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”