Protection Manager (National Contract) at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Posted on: 12 February, 2018
Deadline: 24 February, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Protection Manager (National Contract)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
About the job
- Under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator the Protection Manager will manage and lead field level protection programme implementation in Nigeria.
- His/her primary role will be to provide technical guidance and programmatic supervision of project staff in day to day management of all aspects of the protection programme, overseeing quality programming.
- The Protection Manager supports the Protection Coordinator in the design of new projects, team management, reporting, representation, project trouble shooting and advice.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, but covers protection programme activities in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be able to work in a multi-cultural team, able to manage a team of protection staff, a good understanding of displacement and protection dynamic in NE Nigeria.
- You will also have 2-3 years’ experience working in complex emergencies.
- A sound understanding of the local and cultural dynamic is needed.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Lead the conduct of rapid protection assessments to inform program design and strategic direction as well as identify risks and vulnerabilities, including those related to gender, age and diversity.
- Support implementation and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for DRC M&E purposes
- Directly supervise Senior Protection Officers and indirectly manage Protection Officers and Protection Assistants.
- Coordinate with SEMA/NEMA, UNHCR, UNICEF, protection NGOs, and other key stakeholders on the provision of protection services for refugees and IDPs and relevant contingency planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Psychology, Social work, Social Sciences, counselling, Education, Human Rights, Development Studies or relevant equivalent disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing/supervising field staff, planning and implementation of activities in complex emergencies
- Skills and experience in Assessment, , delivery, monitoring, review and evaluation, working with refugees or IDPs
- Good facilitation/training skills; experience designing and delivering training curricula, preferably focused on adult learning;
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills Self-motivated, able to take initiative positive attitude, resilient and able to work independently.
- Contract length: 1 year
- Level: SB2 step 1
- DRC will offer the successful applicant a 1-year contract, renewable dependent on funding and performance.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s terms of employment for national staff Nigeria, with a competitive salary offer among international humanitarian organizations in the country.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
- Recent Jobs from Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Cash & Voucher Programme Assistant - (National Contract) at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Armed Violence Reduction Facilitator (National Contract) at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Data Entry Officer (National Contract) at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Sites Officer (National Contract) at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Cash & Voucher Programme Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Know More About Danish Refugee Council (DRC)Similar Jobs
- TA Knowledge Management Specialist - NOC at UNICEF
- Technical Malaria Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
- Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Livelihoods Program Assistants at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Project Support Officer - Nutrition (CMAM/IYCF-E) at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Project Officer - WASH at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- State Coordinator at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Senior Project Officers - Food Security and Livelihood at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration