Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
Transport Planning Engineer (Microwave & Fiber)
- Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Transport Planning Engineer in the Networks Function.
- The role holder would provide support design and planning of network unit and technical sulutions for connecting cell sites and enterorise customer ocations for excellent customer experience.
Microwave and Fiber Network Design:
- Design Microwave, Optical Fibre and IP Network for Access, Backbone, Inter-Operator and Enterprise connectivity requirements
- Manage transmission database of Equipment, Frequency, Locations, IP Plans for Operational and Regulatory requirements
- Make detailed link budgeting and frequency planning with Pathloss, Ellips, Fibre Optic Network planning tools
- Make DCN & synchronization plans
- Following up on transmission rollout and backhaul projects and monitor adherence
- Compile trend reports on capacity demand, utilization and availability for forecasting and proactive planning.
Planning & Configuration:
- Defining the Transmission planning stragetgy based on the company objectives
- Defining the required network elements type, configuration and capacity
- Defining the Transmission standards
- Defining the network future expansion requirements based on traffic forecast
- B.Sc in Telecommunications
- 5 years plus work experince in Transport Planning
- Significant work experience in optical fiber networks design, DWDM
- MPBN and IP desgn-IP routing, MLPS-TP, IP/MLPS, L2/L3 VPNs
- Ericsson or Hawei Transmission experience required
- Good experience with Pathloss, Ellipse & Mapinfo and MS-Office
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Dynamic personality
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
SEE THE SALARY STRUCTURE OF AIRTEL NIGERIA