If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Retail Activation Representative - Reserve
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Regional Reserve Manager
- Nigeria is a major market for Diageo and has historically been involved in the sale and manufacture of beer, Lager, RTDs and Malt drinks within this market.
- The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but highly dynamic. In that regard, Nigeria represents the greatest spirits growth opportunity available on the continent. Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN) has been established to expanding Diageo’s operations and portfolio of brands by venturing into the marketing and sales of Diageo’s already existing rich Spirit brands.
- The Diageo portfolio in Nigeria encompasses some of the finest liquids in existence. With a vast and raging portfolio covering vodka, gin, Tequila, Scotch & other whiskies, the breadth and diversity of this portfolio gives Diageo a true point of difference.
- Presenting these brands to the target customers and consumer in a unique and sophisticated manner is motivating, and as such special event delivery that pulls feet to the outlet and inspires consumers with product knowledge is a key deliverable in this role.
Purpose of the Role
- Brilliant Execution of Reserve Trade strategy directly to Consumers
- Great performance in coverage area
- Leadership of Reserve brands on the ground
- The business has a challenging growth & innovation agenda.
- The trading environment is dynamic with customer and consumer trends changing all the time.
- Increased competitor entrants.
- Finger on the Pulse: Ability to identify emerging trends on area and communicate that knowledge to key contacts within team.Grow Yourself: Demonstrate self-awareness and commit to growing your own capabilities. Actively seeks feedback and acts upon it.
- Living the Values: The face of the brand in the eyes of the customer, consumer and media. Proud to represent the brand and Diageo.
- Capture Space: Ruthless in ensuring that all QDVPPP objectives are met with customer base.
- Managing For Value: Baseline – aware of financial principles and applies them within own role.
- On Premise Leadership: Baseline – able to build professional, credible relationships with consumers.
- Develop customer plans and negotiate with key customers, secure corporate partnerships (circa 30 customers per region) including banks, oil companies, etc. in region.
- Works with Reserve Regional Manager and training department and HR to build personal sales capability.
- Responsible for ensuring the retail redistribution standards are adhered to by distributors and VSMs
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate with a minimum of 2 years commercial expertise gained across Sales/Consumer Marketing.
- Problem Solving skills
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Target driven & Result oriented
- Creative/ innovative
- Commercial experience and understanding, preferably within FMCG environment.
- Understanding of the total alcoholic drinks market
- On Trade experience (either retail or supplier) advantageous
Method of Application
TO VIEW THE SALARIES OF GUINNESS NIGERIA, CLICK HERE
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness Nigeria Plc career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply