Senior Manager, Information Management at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 12 January, 2018
Deadline: 18 January, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Senior Manager, Information Management
- To establish information management architecture and systems to meet the reporting needs for all the MTN business units and through the creation of a single Enterprise Data Warehouse application system.
- To provide overall direction in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of a large-scale Data Warehouse, Business Analytics and business Intelligence solutions to meet MTN’s strategic Information management and decision supporting systems.
- To deliver a wide range of reporting requests on a regular basis, within defined SLAs to the expected level of accuracy and quality.
- To ensure delivery of required information from the Data Warehouse, using wide range of available tools, to requests as and when required.
- Engage and manage supporting vendors effectively to achieve optimal service and value.
- Regular engagement with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure continued understanding and reporting evolution to support the evolving business needs.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Provide the daily, weekly and monthly reporting accurately and timely for effective revenue reporting
- Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of efficient and effective Information Management solutions to complex business requirements in a global environment
- Define and develop enterprise data warehouse applications based on business, technical and system strategies
- Develop solutions to support business, technical and system strategy
- Develop processes and procedures to manage the environment
- Participate in the selection & selection of suitable technologies
- Manage contracts with suppliers/vendors
- Ensure that operational delivery of system outputs are met
- Develop projects in line with SDLC process
- Ensure availability and reliability of systems
- Develop Information Systems Business Continuity solutions
- Participate actively in various Information Systems projects, e.g.:
- Collateral projects
- Information Systems disaster recovery project
- Develop strategy and implementation for enterprise analytics
- Strategize on business intelligence needs & solutions for the Enterprise
- Develop risk and business management processes within Business Intelligence Platforms
- Recruit appropriate staff and Manage vendor relationships
- Define, execute and monitor the Business Intelligence operational procedures
- Oversee the expansion of Business Intelligence Platforms to include future business requirements
- Improve process & monitor compliance to SLAs and KPIs in the following areas:
- IS support processes
- Systems integration
- Project management
- Business Analysis
- Application construction
- Application architecture
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Identify training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programs for the IS Information Management team to address knowledge gaps and enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Standard Working Condition
Experience & Training
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- An IT related Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- 10 years' relevant IT experience of which:
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience of Big Data concepts and related Technologies
- 5 years’ experience in
- Development and delivery of large Data Warehouses (using ETL tools, Business Intelligence product Suite)
- Relational database
- Major systems project with customized applications
- 3 years hands-on technical project leadership in the following:
- Managing teams of 3-8 developers
- Managerial capacity
- Knowledge of Conceptual Data Warehouse / Data Mart
- Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications
- Knowledge of service management principles.
- Implementation and ongoing support of large data warehouses
- Operating systems:
- Unix – Sun Solaris and True64, MS W2000, Linux
- Application development and Maintenance functions:
- PL/SQL and standard SQL
- MIS/EIS/EDW/ BI development tools
- Reporting Infrastructure – Data modeling
- ETL tools
- ODS construction and reporting
- Metadata tools
- User access tools – Business Object preferred
- EDW data modeling experience: star schemas, relational modeling, snowflake models and translating logical data models into physical data marts
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
TO VIEW THE SALARIES OF MTN NIGERIA, CLICK HERE
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread
- Senior Manager, Corporate Transaction at MTN Nigeria
- Project Implementation Manager, Facilities at MTN Nigeria
- Regional Security Coordinator at MTN Nigeria
- New Media Officer at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, State & Local Government Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, State & Local Government Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Public Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Legislative Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Fraud System Analyst at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Legislative Affairs at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Geographical Information(GIS) Data Analyst at Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited
- IT Administrator/Engineer at ExecuJet Nigeria
- Information Management Specialist, P-3 at UNICEF
- Experienced PHP / Yii Developer - Junior Associate at Bincom ICT Solutions
- Business Solution Manager at Airtel
- Global Graduate Development Programme (GGDP) - IT & Business Risk Management at MTN Nigeria
- Java Developer at Cousant Technologies
- I.T Officer at GZ Industries