Logistics Coordinator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: 27 November, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at COOPI - Cooperazione Internaziona
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
Country Logistics Coordination:
- He/she coordinates the country logistics function, both at Country Coordination level and at field office level. He/she ensures that the logistics works correctly in qualitative and quantitative terms, at all different levels and in compliance with the procedures.
- He/she ensures the correct application of the procedures – COOPI and the donors’ – related to goods and services’ purchases (including planning and necessary documents); he/she follows the suppliers performance in compliance with COOPI’s standards. He/she ensures that the selection process for goods and services and the contracts assignment (calls for tenders) occur in a transparent and coherent way.
Vehicles and Machines Management:
- In collaboration with the supervised staff, he/she ensures the machines/vehicles’ utilization planning. He/she ensures that vehicles’ maintenance and repair are carried out and that all monitoring reports and regular checks are correctly performed. He/she ensures that, relatively to the use of vehicles and machines, the organization’s procedures and the country’s rules are followed.
Goods and Stock Management:
- He/she ensures that all goods are included in the inventory, and controlled when entering and exiting the storage space. He/she ensures the stock monitoring and the use of instruments for report writing; He/she monitors the correct goods’ use and conservation. He/she ensures that the correct maintenance of the immovable goods is performed and that the country is provided with rules for correctly making use of these goods.
- He/she coordinates, supervises and evaluates the logistical staff work. He/she ensures the training of the country’s logistical staff.
- He/she ensures that all logistic-related reports are produced according to what is stated by the COOPI’s procedures and the Country Regulation (vehicles and goods’ management, supplies, purchases, storage space, staff reports etc.)
- Upon delegation by the Head of Mission, he/she represents the organization at all logistical clusters and at security coordination meetings
- He/she is responsible for the application, the update and the dissemination of the country security regulation at central and field level.
- He/she is responsible for conducting security and risk assessment in COOPI areas of intervention, participating to security meeting at central level.
- He/she is responsible for all goods and organization’s properties security; he/she cooperates and supports the Head of Mission/Area Coordinator about the expatriate and local staff security.
- A Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field as logistics coordinator or in a similar position. Demonstrated experience in procurement, distribution, stock management, fleet management, communications, and security.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection Project Manager, UNICEF at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Project Administrator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Know More About COOPI - Cooperazione InternazionaleSimilar Jobs
- Admin and Logistics Officer, Operations at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Operations - Admin and Logistics Coordinator at Search For Common Ground’s International
- Security Operations / Logistics Manager at Pete Gelton Consulting
- Logistics Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Logistics Expert at Nativedge
- Logistics & Operations Manger at Alister Greene Consulting
- Logistics Account Executive at Alister Greene Consulting
- Logistics Officer at Discovery Cycle Professionals