- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Librarian at The Federal College of Education, Yola
Posted on: 27 January, 2014
Deadline: 7 February, 2014
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at The Federal College of Education, Yola
The Federal College of Education, Yola is recruiting to fill the following position:
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration and control of Library matters in the College.
- The Librarian shall be in charge of the management and administration of the College Library services, staff, facilities and preparation of Library Budgets.
- A good degree in the relevant field (professional library qualification) with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
- A Master in Library Studies with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience
- The Candidate must also be a member of professional bodies related to Library Services and must have a good record of scholarly publications through reputable medium.
- Versatility in IT and Library automation is required.
Conditions Of Service
The Salary and Conditions of Service for the College Librarian shall be in accordance with what obtains in the Nigerian Federal Colleges of Education system
Method of Application
Candidates are requested to forward their applications with twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should contain among other things, the following:
- Names in Full (Surname first)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address/E-mail and GSM Number
- Marital Status
- Post Desired
- Number and Ages of Children
- Names of Educational Institutions Attended
- Professional and academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Work Experience and Positions held with Dates in Full
- List of Publications (for the College Librarian)
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees - one of which must be the current employer.
- Candidates should request their referees to forward their report under confidential cover direct to the Registrar and Secretary to the Governing Council, Federal College of Education, P.M.B, 2042 Yola, Adamawa State.
- Report of Medical fitness (from a Government Hospital)
All applications including the Referees Reports must be clearly marked 'APPLCATION FOR THE POST OF COLLEGE LIBRARIAN' and should reach the College and should be addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to the Governing Council,
Federal College of Education
P.M.B. 2042, Yola
- Know More About The Federal College of Education, YolaSimilar Jobs
- Female Early Years Educator at Millie's International School
- Female School Operations Coordinator at Millie's International School
- School Bus Nanny at Masters Ville Children School
- Software Instructor at NIIT
- Early Years Teacher at Young Readers Library
- Assistant Lecturer at Kwara State University
- Lecturer I at Kwara State University
- Lecturer II at Kwara State University