Tax Free salary
Rotation of 8 weeks in-country and then 2 weeks off
Provide leadership and coordination in the execution of policies related to all sales and distribution functions within the company by developing and implementing a robust sales and distribution strategy to achieve commercial targets.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overhaul, develop and implement the Sales & Distribution strategy for the Company in consultation with SVPC and in line with the commercial strategy for the company.
- Define the appropriate sales organization to deliver growth and commercial targets.
- Lead and manage all sales activities to maximize market share and revenue across all distribution channels.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of sales and, distribution channels determining corporate positioning, customer segment selection, penetration plans and product positioning.
- Manage, lead, motivate and mentor a high achieving professional sales team.
- Develop, promote and secure contracts with travel trade, TMCs, government, corporate/SMEs, GSAs and PSAs.
- Develop market growth opportunities including introduction of new distribution channels and sales outlets to increase and maximize revenues.
- Define and direct internal and external sales programmes, campaigns and incentives.
- Work closely with VP Marketing/SVPC to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programmes.
- Oversee product introduction, sales training, presentations, sales tools and general sales support for the business.
- Analyze sales forecasts and business data making recommendations to adjust tactics in order to increase market share, load factors and maximize revenues/yield.
- Build the Company brand through inputs into all aspects of marketing communications including but not limited to PR, advertising, trade shows, sponsorships, collateral material, product development, social media, events, promotions and web content.
- Implement customer retention programmes and improve sales cycle, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Work closely with the Senior Management to identify and develop opportunities, raise venture/ financing, communicate and present to Financial partners/ECAs/Manufacturers.
- Define the company’s revenue budget and sales targets for the regions/personnel.
- Manage special projects including JVs, alliances and code share agreements.
- Directly oversee high value customers, contracts and top tier corporate accounts.
- Develop and implement interline agreements and negotiate prorate agreements.
- Develop relationships with suppliers for product development including CRS/GDS providers, IATA and industry partners.
- Manage integrity of revenue collection; ensure payments are in accordance with contractual provisions, shortfalls are collected and debt is recovered.
- Ensure Performance Plans and Reviews, including training and development requirements are completed for direct reports and all members of the sales team.
- Perform other duties as required by the Board and Deputise for SVPC when needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in all aspects of airline commercial activities at a senior level with special focus on sales and distribution.
- Extensive leadership and management experience developed in the aviation industry.
- Proven strategic planning ability with commercial acumen with advanced analytical skills.
- Strong written communication skills with ability to draft board papers, contracts and commercial agreements.
- Advanced IT skills with particular emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Excel), and good working knowledge of GDSs, CRS, DCS, MIDT and Revenue Accounting financial systems.
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and FFP schemes would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships within all levels of the Company, Executives, the Board, statutory authorities, government representatives and clients.
- Unrestricted passport with ability to travel at short notice to local, regional and international destinations.