ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything - people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
Core IP Planning and Design Engineer
Job ID: 64
Function: Core IP Planning and Design
Reporting to: Head, Core Network and Transmission
Travel Frequency: N/A
Purpose of the Job
- To be responsible for the ongoing definition of IP/MPLS core network design, services, procedures, and policies and also for the implementation of those designs, services, procedures, and policies.
Expected Key Results:
- Network Design
- Network Support
- Project Implementation Management
- Network Documentation
- Network Monitoring and Capacity planning
- POC Management
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum 2.2/Upper Credit, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems or any related field.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate); CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Deep understanding of IP based technologies, protocols such as TCP/ IP, Routing Protocols like OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, IS- IS , IP-MPLS, Traffic Engineering, QoS.
- Hands- on experience on Cisco based Routers, Cisco L2/ L3 Switches, and Network Security platform, etc
- Distinctive analytical skills and ability to present and communicate and work with a highly technical team.
- Excellent technical acumen and a strong sense of focus. Pay meticulous attention to detail and have proven ability to guide others to deliver outstanding results in a timely manner.
- Research and evaluate network/systems, performance capacity, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Install, configure, maintain, and support network equipment and network operating systems
- A hands on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN, DMVPN.
- Recommend and modify network configuration to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Have functional and working knowledge in disruptive technologies especially in disaggregated solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) is desirable.
- At least 5 years in telecommunications industry
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors and members of team.
- Must be able to follow through multiple projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience with leading inter-departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Hardworking and Tenacious.
- Performance driven.
- Work effectively with own initiative and with minimal supervision and also as a part of a team.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified candidates should address their Cover Letters to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Human Capital Management,
Note: All Pre-service & I.T Internship Cover Letters should state the duration of the internship.