FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Assistant Technical Officer (ATO) - Laboratory Services
Requisition No: 2020200043
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
- The ATO Laboratory Services will be responsible for providing technical assistance and supporting laboratory services to project supported health facilities in Dikwa health facility.
- S/he will provide technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues at LGA and facility level.
- S/he will also prepare specimens, follow detailed manual tests, oversee automated analysis tests and report tests results to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Process specimens, conduct testing and report test results with constant attention to detail and excellence in quality.
- Operates laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Keep organized records of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses according to written instructions.
- Recognizes problems and errors and seek corrective actions.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and Ethics
- Conduct and document appropriate quality control and assurance procedures. Assist with quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Performs non-routine analysis when given direction.
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 1-3 years post national youth service experience in provision of laboratory support.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to care and treatment is required with some experience in an humanitarian area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques for the following categories of assays
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues in the community.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa communications.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within 25% time.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
Other Benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Know The Salaries Structure of FHI 360 via MYSALARYSCALE.COM