The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Automobile Electrical Technician
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Transport and Automobile
Summary of Position
- The Automobile Electrical Technician is expected to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies
- He/she must have extensive knowledge of the increasingly complex electrical systems found in different types of vehicles, rely heavily on their electronic CPU to function
- He/she must use analytical skills to run diagnostic tests on these interwoven electrical systems, and then use the knowledge base to repair the issue
- He/she must also have good communication skills in order to deal with clients on a daily basis.
Requirements for the Position
- Trade Test / Diploma in Electrical Electronics
- Experience in installation of automotive air-conditioning units
- Ability to think logically and clearly
- Adequate knowledge and principles of air-conditioning unit repair and maintenance, including controls, MSDS sheets, safety practices and procedures and tools used.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals regulations and
- Must work flexible hours.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position
- Attention to details
- Must be an Adult
- Must be practically and mechanically oriented
- Must have self-discipline
- Must possess good vision and be able to identify different colors
- Must be safety conscious, to avoid unnecessary accidents
- Must have business sense and good judgment.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University
Method of Application
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.