The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - SENSE Project
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center (SENSE project)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Two (2) Years
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the SENSE (Strengthening Education in North East) project funded by USAID
- The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Summary of Position
- The Senior M&E Officer will report to the Snr. M&E Specialist
- They will be responsible for administering tools, collecting and entering classroom and school data as well as conduct basic analysis
- They will also be responsible for supporting senior staff during workshops.
- M.Sc in Mathematics / Statistics / ITC required with 3 years experience or B.Sc with 7 years experience
- M&E experience on an Education project
- Experience with managing large data sets
- Experience in M&E training for state and non-state partners
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills.
- Excellent IT skills, (to be tested)
- Ability to use excel and similar software for extensive analysis and reporting (to be tested).
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.