NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
ICLA Technical Assistant
ICLA Technical Assistant - Monguno (Nigeria Nationals Only)
Nigeria, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for an ICLA Technical Assistant for our sub-field office in Monguno in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the ICLA Technical Assistant is the day to day implementation of ICLA programme activities in the Monguno sub-field office.
The ICLA Technical Assistant reports to the ICLA Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the direct Implementation of legal and civil identity activities; HLP activities and CDR activities, in particular, the information and counseling sessions, legal assistance and capacity building training
- Assist In the documentation of project achievements and deliverables including compiling periodic reports
- Contribute in the development of training materials and information dissemination materials adapted to the location and context
- Engage in community mobilization and beneficiary engagement
- Provide updates and contribute to an updated M& E system in the country
- Integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities during ICLA project implementation
- University Degree in law or social sciences from a recognized Nigerian university, a thorough knowledge of the application of Nigerian law in displacement context
- Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies) and humanitarian protection. Preferably experience in working with displaced populations.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri in one or more of the national/regional languages. Kanuri speaking candidates and female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- Highest standards of ethnics and integrity
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We can offer
- Commencement: January 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
- Duty station: Monguno, with frequent travels. Travel outside Monguno is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.