Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
Consultant - Update of BASICS Project Website
Job Ref Code: PWT51219
- Building an Economically Sustainable, Integrated Cassava Seed System for Nigeria (BASICS) is a 4-year multi-partner project, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The project commenced on 5th November 2015 and key project activities will end on March 31, 2020
- The project has five components, namely: breeder seed, village seed entrepreneur (VSE) model, processor associated model, quality seed component, and project coordination and M&E. CRS implements the VSE component of the project in Benue State
- The project has launched a website www.cassavastems.com to promote the project activities and create demand for certified stems produced by the VSEs
- Due to recent development there is need to update the content of the website for more relevance and impact.
- Update the site with additional information on seed entrepreneurs
- Update the site with information on 321
- Update the site with additional picture pages
- Update the contact information of the website
- Provide linkage for transfer of management of the website to a web administrator based in Makurdi, Benue state.
- Provide a link to the BASICS video
- Provide links to the radio jingles
- Provide opportunity to responds to messages with secured email client.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates (Consultants) should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume as one document in PDF, indicating the consultancy being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Consultancy for the Analysis of BASICS Project Demonstration Plots in Benue State - PDB51219) and attach MS Word documents to: email@example.com
- The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal/company profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis
- Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunitYou’re y employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- 'CRS' recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.