This job has expired. View current and similar jobs below
Our client, an extra-ministerial department set-up to oversee the management of pensions for “pensioners not transiting to the Defined Contributory Scheme” has recently received the mandate to carry out its functions as stipulated by the PRA 2004. The Organisation now seeks to recruit self driven, experienced and motivated individuals to fill selected positions. The client seeks to fill the following key positions:
Internal Audit Officer (DG IAO)
This role is primarily responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of controls over the financial and operational activities of the Organisation.
The Job Holder would report to the Head, Internal Audit.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Identify relevant business and operational risks impacting the achievement of the Organisation’s objectives and develop and implement the annual internal audit plan that address risks identified
* Assess the effectiveness of internal control activities in place and recommend controls to strengthen weaknesses identified.
* Conduct periodic inspection and audits to assess the effectiveness of established controls and compliance within the Organisation.
* Prepare reports on audit findings and provide relevant recommendations.
* Conduct special investigations when necessary.
* A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related discipline
* A Professional certification in accounting or internal audit e.g. ACCA, CIA, CISA etc is mandatory
* A minimum of 4 years work experience
Key Competency Requirements
* A good knowledge of audit principles, internal audit and risk management methodologies, governance procedures, accounting and auditing standards.
* A good knowledge of the public sector accounting policies and processes, and financial regulations.
* Demonstrate a proven ability to work with internal audit and accounting software would be an added advantage.
Qualified and Interested persons should send Applications to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above. The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant's full name. The subject of the mail should be the job position and code being applied for.
Click here to apply online.