Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The HR Intern will play an important role in supporting the HR Operations team but also have the opportunity to recommend improvements and impact real change.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
- Maintains employment files and records per IRC policy and legal regulation
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, long and shortlisting of applications
- Support in creation of new staff personal files
- Updating the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information
- General organization of Recruitment Office documents/paperwork
- Supporting the induction processes
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor
- Opportunity for an understanding and inner-working of Global HR in an international non-profit setting
- Strengthen communication skills and understanding cultural sensitivities
- Demonstrate leadership skills while working in a team environment
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Candidate should have the desire to learn about all aspects of HR
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, including ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, Hausa and or Kanuri
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Management, or relevant field.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, and the ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Very good attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills
- Should be fluent in English. Any additional language skills is a plus.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State. The security situation in Borno is relatively stable with periodic tensions. All IRC offices are provided with internet facilities and there is reliable mobile telecommunication network in Borno.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.