Complaint Feedback & Protection Officer at CARE
Posted on: 21 November, 2019
Deadline: 25 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CARE
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Complaint Feedback & Protection Officer
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager
- This position will mainly assist in strengthening the accountability system in the organization especially the distribution activities going on in the Northeast including managing day to day accountability feedback that includes handling of complaints and compliments as received from a range of stakeholders such as program participants; he/she will also support the other CARE cash based intervention projects.
- Support in developing tools to ensure up to date and technically sound complaint feedback mechanisms are in place for protection mainstreaming.
- Identify and train assistants to conduct protection mainstreaming on a regular basis.
- Deliver trainings to project team on protection principles, protection mainstreaming, complaints/feedbacks and accountability to affected populations, and other relevant topics.
- Conduct field visits to distribution sites, areas of operation, centers, and other areas where Human Appeal conducts activities.
- Compile Complaint Feedbacks and provide weekly reports to the Project Manager and the relevant thematic manager with observations and recommendations to enhance the protection environment.
- Provide verbal and written feedback on a daily basis to direct supervisor; assist in writing regular narrative and quantitative reports when requested.
- Writing regular narrative reports for the donor for each field site visited.
- Participates in protection working group and cluster meetings
- Maintain and promote a positive image of CARE International and its core values of (Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality and Empowerment).
- Carryout any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Post graduate degree in a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Nutrition, Biology, Public Health, Nursing or food aid support.
- A good experience in supervision is required.
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Commitment to CARE’s Core Values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence and Equality
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Details focus
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. COMPLIANT FEEDBACK & PROTECTION OFFICER – GASHUA) to: email@example.com
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Know More About CARESimilar Jobs
- National Consultant End line Survey for Integrated Basic Nutrition Response to the Humanitarian crisis including multisectoral pilot (INP+) at UNICEF
- Senior Shelter Cluster Coordination Officer, P4 at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- CBT Field Officer at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- CCCM/Shelter Project Manager - UNHCR at INTERSOS
- Nigeria Government Relations Specialist at One Acre Fund
- Country Programme Coordinator at INTERSOS
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Program Director at Mercy Corps