The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Senior ETT Team Lead
SVN No.: CFCV2019/136
Locations: Borno and Adamawa
Organizational Unit : Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
IOM Classification: Hourly Tier Scale
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (Hourly) 03 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistant, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking (ETT, MT, BR, FMP).
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the partners on the field in the areas (s) s/he has been assigned to. He/she will perform the underlisted functions;
- Be responsible for sending the information collected on the field to the Field Operation Assistant on a timely manner and according to the standards and requirement of the DTM program.
- Triangulating collected data based on DTM methodology with relevant partners
- Monitor and evaluate the ETT operations, identifying areas of improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Coordination and Support of rapid registration where needed.
- Support and conduct update of mobility tracking data.
- Regular monitoring of movement within Accessible Areas (AA) and Non Accessible Areas (NAAs) where there is much movement for possible update.
- Coordinating field staff on ETT activities in coordination with the office
- Ensure all newly arrivals are properly documented within their respective locations.
- Ensure coordination among the partners and the team members on the field.
- Advocating for the needs of IDPs from other partners on the field.
- Ensure all relevant and important issues in the camp or host community are properly communicated to the appropriate channels either office or partners for action.
- Keeping record and update of returnees (people who were displace and now coming back to their place of origin and residing in their houses).
- Support supervisor in effective team management, which includes time sheet supervision, data protection, interaction with beneficiaries, sexual exploitation and abuse reporting, and also support feedbacks to the supervisor regarding team’s general conduct
- Coordinating with Biometric Team to ensure the newly identified arrivals are properly registered and well documented.
- Conducting refresher training with the support of the supervisor for the ETT staff.
- Production of weekly and monthly field reports.
- Support field staff movement to and from NAAs, ensure timely staff booking and prompt staff return to registration areas
- Ensure proper coordination between the field staff and their supervisor.
- Ensure all time sheet are properly and accordingly.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in relevant fields;
- At least one year experience of working in an emergency context in a supervisory capacity with practical knowledge of locations within Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States.
- Experience in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Experience in data collection is an advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization is an added advantage
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Candidate to indicate preferred state of deployment.
- Only candidates who are successful with the written test will be invited for the oral interview.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019/136. Borno and Adamawa State Senior ETT Team Lead (3).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.