Senior Tax Accountant at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
Posted on: 15 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company's flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Senior Tax Accountant
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries for tax implications; provide corrective and improvement measures accordingly.
- Ensure compliance, timely filing and remittance of all taxes and levies (such as Expatriate PAYE, VAT, WHT, CIT, ET, business premises levy, development levy, etc.) within government time frame.
- Manage relationship with tax authorities and consultants and supervise all tax audits.
- Ensure all tax queries and correspondences are responded to, and appropriate steps are taken to avoid penalties due to non-compliance.
- Provide comprehensive report on every tax audit exercise and give regular status update on tax cases, remittances, levies, fees, payments to agents and consultants.
- Provide innovative tax management, planning, and tax-savings strategies, backed with statistical data and/or analysis.
- Be abreast with all tax regulations and new promulgation / enactments and advise finance management accordingly.
- Play advisory role and support all Business Units on tax matters as may be required.
- Assist in follow up and coordinating statutory audit for companies within the group with the external auditors.
- Build skill and capability of supervised personnel.
- Apply a holistic approach to determine impact to various taxes and ensure that tax position is optimized.
- Ensure that tax risks are managed whilst meeting the business requirements.
- Provide proposals that reduce/manage tax risks proactively.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review contracts for commercial and regulatory compliance and efficiency.
- Perform any other role(s) that may be assigned from time to time.
The Person Must
- Be proactive and have excellent organizational skills.
- Have problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have the ability to pay attention to detail.
- B.sc in Accounting or related discipline
- ICAN/ ACCA is required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc. career website on www.dragnetnigeria.com to apply
- Know More About Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.Similar Jobs
- Branch Accountant at CAT Construction Limited
- SAP Specialist at Sellafield Energy
- Cashier at Animal Care Services Consult
- Team Lead, Quality Control and Compliance at PoweredUp Consulting
- Accountant at Viva Cinemas
- Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Credit Quality Assurance – Abuja / Nigeria at CA Global
- Associate, Investment - (Investment / Transport / Infrastructure) – Nigeria at CA Global
- Associate, Trade Finance and FI Lending - (Trade Products / Loans / Strategy) – Lagos, Nigeria at CA Global