AVR Training Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Posted on: 14 November, 2019
Deadline: 25 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
AVR Training Officer
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Contract type: National contract
- The primary function for this position is to design and ensure the quality of planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the training activities being implemented by DRC-DDG.
- Determine the training and capacity building needs of NGOs/CBOs/, community leaders and other stakeholders
- Identify specific capacity building requirements and define the skills needed for the different participating stakeholders
- Develop and cost capacity building workshops for participating humanitarian actors, DRC staff, Community leaders and NGOs
- Identify and cost appropriate training materials for target groups
- Conduct workshops and Training of Trainers (TOT) training and submit training reports to the AVR Supervisor/ Manager
- Evaluate TOT workshops including recommendations for improvements
- Ensure efficient and Effective training program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights and reports.
- Lead the AVR teams in carrying out monitoring and evaluation of training activities.
- Develop weekly and monthly plans and budgets for Manager’s approval
- Ensure quality control during implementation of mediation and dialogue facilitation activities in accordance with DRC-DDG standard
- Support the Manager to monitor training’s financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-ups.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- At least 3-4 years’ experiences in developing training material and conduct workshops
- Knowledge of the context of Northeast Nigeria
- Proven record of training, mentoring and developing the capacity of community leaders, humanitarian actors in the fields of safety and peacebuilding
- Experience working in diverse and cross-cultural and insecure context.
- Experience in Mediation and dialogue facilitation training, knowledge of the Youth Safety Planning Process within DDG
- Previous experiences in Armed Violence reduction programme is an added advantage
- Experience in working with women and familiar with UNSC Resolution 1325- Women Peace and Security
- Experience working in emergency response with NGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Master qualification in conflict prevention, international relations, law, peace studies
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Recent Jobs from Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- AVR Supervisor at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- AVR Facilitator at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- AVR Community Policing Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Know More About Danish Refugee Council (DRC)Similar Jobs
- National Consultant End line Survey for Integrated Basic Nutrition Response to the Humanitarian crisis including multisectoral pilot (INP+) at UNICEF
- Senior Shelter Cluster Coordination Officer, P4 at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- CBT Field Officer at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- CCCM/Shelter Project Manager - UNHCR at INTERSOS
- Nigeria Government Relations Specialist at One Acre Fund
- Country Programme Coordinator at INTERSOS
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Program Director at Mercy Corps